Sponsored

chazcron's 2015 Mustang 3D renders and 'shops

TampaBear67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cool Blue 07 Accord EX-L 2.4, DOHC, iVTEC Coupe
I could've sworn I remembered someone mentioning this, but has anything been said about rear license plate placement?

My thought is that between the taillights might make more sense, given that the space will have to accommodate American as well as the wider European plate. Any cutout for a plate on the lower portion will either need trim on an American version or simply look wrong if it's made to house both sizes of plates. Any thoughts on it Chaz?
I personally was hoping for the License Position to be Between the Tail Lights again to make it Cleaner and more Modern. I had read in an interview somewhere that they were doing away with the Faux Gas Cap which would clean up the rear end a lot, but I guess that's just another disappointment I'll have to live with.

Sponsored

toysbyus

Threads
Reaction score
I wish I could recall the details about what we were shown at the ToyFair.........all I do recall is that it was a very "Mustang"-looking car, for sure because of the 3 bar tail lamps and the shark mouth.....and, of course, a fastback BUT they also showed us a convertible as well as several higher end versions like the Mach 1.......

The B pillar is the last thing I care much about. If they hid the pillar to modernize the car, that's a tradeoff that I can easily live with........I prefer maximized side and rear visibility anyway and ricer boy louvered trim parts are not in my future, anyway.

They allowed us stare at the laptop for several minutes BUT cautioned that they would not be releasing files to toy companies any earlier than Dec. of this year.

The model kit companies were given a set of hard point files (cross sections, etc.) earlier because their tooling is typically far more time consuming than are high volume toys.....

We'll know really soon......but I'm just suspicious that there's lots of radar chaff in the air purposely to keep the actual car a huge surprise........

Haven't been this excited about a new car since............can't recall how long.

Maestro5.0

Interesting tidbit toysbyus. The one part I find most revealing is they told you they would be releasing the files to the toy companies in December. Seems to match up perfectly with the latest rumors about a December reveal if that ends up being true. Altho that of course assumes that the files that they showed you are real. Otherwise, if it is indeed a smoke screen then what do they care who/what/when the files are released.

The consensus around here (and the solid info sources we have) point to chaz's renders being very close so I'd tend to believe either your memory of it is off or they showed you images that were meant only for the eyes of the toy manufacturers (and those images looking different than the real thing). I'm not big on conspiracy theories and I'm thinking if they want to throw everyone off there's better ways of doing it than thru toy manufacturers...

eric n

HNIC/Head Ninja in Charge
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ericnolan.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
16 Shelby RR B&W stripes GT350 G0249
I very much like the C & D 360 render. I abso-freakin'-lutely LOVE Chaz version. I wonder who will end up being closer to the truth.... WE SHALL SEE!

toysbyus

Threads
Reaction score
Hiya Maestro 5.0:

You could very well be correct.......and my memory, at a trade show where I've been on my feet for 8 hours, may be very much off........time will tell. I just remember being so awestruck at the design of the Mustang......and these renders, while handsome, are giving me the same degree of "OMG".........but that means nothing. We're still getting a new Mustang sometime after the immediate hoopla dies down......

As far as the conspiracy angle, that was my own suggestion as to how a company could purposely lead the public astray........definitely did NOT mean to say that they are attempting to confuse things........

Probably watching too many Tom Clancey movies!

Steve

Sponsored

08gt

Threads
Reaction score

My first real post here and I just wanna say this side view would be the sexiest Mustang profile ever. Makes every other one look instantly dated. Now don't get me wrong I love the retro classics but if we're gonna go modern, THIS all the way!

yanks1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2008 GT/Calif Special Vert

My first real post here and I just wanna say this side view would be the sexiest Mustang profile ever. Makes every other one look instantly dated. Now don't get me wrong I love the retro classics but if we're gonna go modern, THIS all the way!
Agree 100%; love that side view!!!!

OP
OP
chazcron

chazcron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Fusion
And now some fun. (for me at least)

Pushing a car's styling and proportions to the extreme can often showcase the character of a car's design. So here is my caricature of the 2015 Mustang.

I will revisit this with further renders.
Stanger.jpg

JGillis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taurus SHO
No one will ever call this bland that's for sure..... ;)

I know the point of the exercise but to be honest if it were just a little less caricature like I'd be all aboard this one.

Leviathan

Threads
Reaction score
It's a little on the beefy side, but I do like that orange. Wouldn't mind seeing another one of your renders in that color.
Sponsored