Cervini Upper/Lower grille Question?

Stanv03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Iconic Silver Mustang GT Premium
I have a 2020 Mustang GT, non PP. looking to get the Cervini Upper and lower grille kit. I do noticed that it’s a lot more opened than the stock grille. Will there be any issues with rain, car wash, well water in general?
Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
What’s the concern? Water getting into the intake? In the engine bay?

Engine bay wouldn’t be much of a concern, the important components are pretty well sealed and water still has to get past the radiator.

As it relates to the intake, you’d have to hold a pressure washer right up to the intake to get any water in the air filter or beyond. The intake sits pretty low in the grille relative to the airbox. See pic of the intake position relative to the airbox.

I’ve seen guys in Civics and Evo’s driving around with no front bumper in the rain (for what reason exactly I don’t know other than race car? 🤭) and they don’t seem to have any issues other than they look goofy.

You should be good to go with the Cervini.

IMG_3024.png

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecoboost Premium, 76 Harley shovel, 77 KZ1000
I have ridden my bikes with open K&N filter elements in torrential downpours where the filter is saturated with water and never had any issues with bikes quitting running or sputtering for hundreds of miles. Cars will not be an issue unless you want to go snorkling with your front end.

BD

SammyG83

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I have the Cervini upper/lower on 2017. Yes it allows a significant amount of more air and water than the stock grille.

Whipple notes that there system will only work with the stock grille and no modifications to even the stock grille can be made. This is due to the 90 degree bend that the air is supposed to make entering the airbox. I bought a sheet of clear poly-carbonate and made a piece to put on the back of the drivers side inlet area of the grille to block off that one side. Cannot even tell it is there and in your case would help to keep any water away from the airbox intake.

I will say, if you live around pine trees, be prepared to be picking needles out between the grille insert and bumper fascia. I don't know what it is but anything that can find a home in that gap will.

GR8 V8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
‘15 GT Ruby Red
Check out customcargrills.com. I dremeled out the honeycomb part of the stock grill on my 2015 and replaced with their mesh kits. Turned out awesome and like it better than the Cervinis option(and cheaper) Granted you have a 2020 so will be a little different look. I have no issues with anything that you asked about either.

Sponsored

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecoboost Premium, 76 Harley shovel, 77 KZ1000
I like the car grills route but would see if I could find cheap grill at a salvage yard for mine since I have the premium ecoboost grill with the corral and pony and really don't want to cut up my upper grill.

BD
Sponsored