Sponsored

Camaro folks are noticeably worried....

Build'em

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
I hate to burst bubbles but drag strips don't count for real world. I've been R&D these two cars since some of you have been born (25+ yrs) and a tenth or two and 1-2 mph difference on the 1/4 is negligible in real world driving. Def not a smoking. It's a drivers race, period. The camaro will win at the top because ultimate hp (stock cars) will always win. Plus the power to weight is very, very close.

Now if one ran 12.5@112 and the other 12.9@109, that's a whooping above 90 mph. I'm not a FANBOY as so many of you are (sadly), which is why you can't see the BIG picture in the REAL world without bias. I've owned both several times over and done the professional testing of both (in ideal conditions: location elev 571', density alt: 22', temp: 53* etc), and simply put, the cam has handled better 85% of last 40 yrs., (till the 2015 model). and the mustang has been beaten 70% of the time in road tests in 0-60 and 0-100 over the last 40 yrs. But I've also (if you read my screen name) been involved with Ford since 1982 and the R&D teams. I drove/tested (for 2mo), one of 3 mustang SVO's in 1983 beore release as a 84' model. I do know a lot of these things, far more than 95% of you. Try to think without bias and you folks might actually prevent the economic/financial collapse that's coming in next 10-17 mos. This event will put an end to today's way of life forever. So think big picture. Lose that "It Can't Happen Here" mentality. It has and it will again much worse. Good day.
Sponsored

5.0GT

Threads
Reaction score
I hate to burst bubbles but drag strips don't count for real world. I've been R&D these two cars since some of you have been born (25+ yrs) and a tenth or two and 1-2 mph difference on the 1/4 is negligible in real world driving. Def not a smoking. It's a drivers race, period. The camaro will win at the top because ultimate hp (stock cars) will always win. Plus the power to weight is very, very close.

Now if one ran 12.5@112 and the other 12.9@109, that's a whooping above 90 mph. I'm not a FANBOY as so many of you are (sadly), which is why you can't see the BIG picture in the REAL world without bias. I've owned both several times over and done the professional testing of both (in ideal conditions: location elev 571', density alt: 22', temp: 53* etc), and simply put, the cam has handled better 85% of last 40 yrs., (till the 2015 model). and the mustang has been beaten 70% of the time in road tests in 0-60 and 0-100 over the last 40 yrs. But I've also (if you read my screen name) been involved with Ford since 1982 and the R&D teams. I drove/tested (for 2mo), one of 3 mustang SVO's in 1983 beore release as a 84' model. I do know a lot of these things, far more than 95% of you. Try to think without bias and you folks might actually prevent the economic/financial collapse that's coming in next 10-17 mos. This event will put an end to today's way of life forever. So think big picture. Lose that "It Can't Happen Here" mentality. It has and it will again much worse. Good day.
This post is so full of bullshit I don't know where to begin. So I won't even respond to the camaro vs mustang part of it as I already stated my observations. I will only agree with you on the economy. Who knows the time frame, but the elite assholes are orchestrating it. There is no preventing it. It has been planned already. You all know by now hopefully how to at least prepare for the event.

Build'em

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
I admire your poor language (says a lot about you) and its that attitude that's got this country going down the toilet. You can't touch my experience with the mustang from a (build and test) R&D perspective unless you worked with/along side me at FMC in Dearborn. I've owned and raced both cars for decades, probably longer than you are old. Tested many other domestic/European iron all over Woodward ave. Infact Woodward was our public test track in early 80's-early 90's and when my director was testing cars in the 50's, 60's and 70's... I applaud you for your opinion. Unfortunately it lacks anything that goes against my experiences as a R&D Engineer with Ford & GM and I've owned both cars. Now I own a 14' GT500 and a lease 13' E63 S AWD.

Build'em

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Did you also know that Ford and Chevrolet will be cross-sharing 45% of the parts put in the mustang and camaro starting after 2016? that includes a 10 spd auto trans that'll appear in the C7 or cam first. The days of Mustang vs Camaro will be over in less than 2 yrs. shucks the 16' camaro even looks like the 15' stang in shape.

Build'em

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
I've already driven one of the SVT prototypes in AZ last week. All I can say is it'll give the Z28 a run on a road course and accelerate near or slightly better then the level of the new C7 Z06 :). And frt brakes will be 15.5" or bigger. That's all I can say. Really couldn't say that but it reveals nothing.

Sponsored

chopsui

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT
Did you also know that Ford and Chevrolet will be cross-sharing 45% of the parts put in the mustang and camaro starting after 2016? that includes a 10 spd auto trans that'll appear in the C7 or cam first. The days of Mustang vs Camaro will be over in less than 2 yrs. shucks the 16' camaro even looks like the 15' stang in shape.
Auto-transmission is one part. So what else? Struts maybe? Big deal. Brakes? Again, Big deal. All of those things are shared by many more cars than just the Mustang and Camaro. Call us when they share the same motor.

5.0GT

Threads
Reaction score
I admire your poor language (says a lot about you) and its that attitude that's got this country going down the toilet. You can't touch my experience with the mustang from a (build and test) R&D perspective unless you worked with/along side me at FMC in Dearborn. I've owned and raced both cars for decades, probably longer than you are old. Tested many other domestic/European iron all over Woodward ave. Infact Woodward was our public test track in early 80's-early 90's and when my director was testing cars in the 50's, 60's and 70's... I applaud you for your opinion. Unfortunately it lacks anything that goes against my experiences as a R&D Engineer with Ford & GM and I've owned both cars. Now I own a 14' GT500 and a lease 13' E63 S AWD.
I could care less about your opinions of me or your experiences. The facts are all over the place about the weight differences between the 2 cars and the differences in times. That is what this whole argument was about. Maybe you need to R&D some more before you come on here.

5.0GT

Threads
Reaction score
2 years? I though you said the economy was going to crash in 10-17 months and our way of life is over?

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
A couple tenths in quarter don't count in real world? Tell that to the countless ss's that I've beat at red lights (and it's more than a couple tenths).

Get off your "I'm old and been doing this a long time" high horse. I have been too. And guess what. That road course shit don't count in real world either. I beat em off stoplights a whole whole lot more often than racing through a mountain road side by side.

mc lane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP AT, '05 Chrysler 300 C, '18 Navara Twin Turbo
Vehicle Showcase
:D seeing is believing;)

and you can see, a few tenths do count in the real word;)

[ame]

Sponsored

Super Moderator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
--
Cleaned up the thread. Let's keep the politics out of this.

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
:D seeing is believing;)

and you can see, a few tenths do count in the real word;)
I wish it would have stayed longer in Camaro watching the Mustang pull away to really see how much more mph it pulls. It's almost astonishing how far below the bar chevy came on that car.

fdjizm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 GT/CS

wow.... I don't know where to start LOL
You say you've been doing this for 25 years and say this stuff!?
Did you not see the actual proof of people running faster times?
How do you dismiss what happens in real life that doesn't make any sense.

You are 10000% magazine racing right now.
Fastest time in a stock 5.0 mustang is 12.22, fastest time in a stock camaro SS is 12.58, that's 3 tenths... that's like a bus and a car.
I don't understand how you totally blew that off?

5.0GT

Threads
Reaction score
wow.... I don't know where to start LOL
You say you've been doing this for 25 years and say this stuff!?
Did you not see the actual proof of people running faster times?
How do you dismiss what happens in real life that doesn't make any sense.

You are 10000% magazine racing right now.
Fastest time in a stock 5.0 mustang is 12.22, fastest time in a stock camaro SS is 12.58, that's 3 tenths... that's like a bus and a car.
I don't understand how you totally blew that off?
He was trolling...I smelled it a mile away.

Leviathan

Threads
Reaction score
After the recent reveal of the Mustang, even Chevrolet is ashamed of their own car. They will be offering a new paint scheme, and hope when they encounter a '15 Mustang, they can simply hide and let the Mustang pass to feast on other prey such as the Challenger.

0417141521a.jpg
0417141535.jpg
1912475_699236210127834_1646981223_n.jpg
camo.jpg
Sponsored