Sponsored

Bullitt AfterMarket Wheels Suggestions?

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I'd only change wheels/tires if the new combos would be lighter than stock. Are they???
Sponsored

zack.whitford

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I'd only change wheels/tires if the new combos would be lighter than stock. Are they???
Whichever I wind up with they need to at least be lighter than the stock wheels.

Last edited:

Bear_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(SIG) 2019 Mustang Bullitt w/ non-mag SMcQ suspension w/ bullitt electronics / (SAUER) 2005 Ford Focus ST
Yes and No. Keep in mind we are not talking about a 10lb difference. The bullitt wheels are a tad bit lighter than the pp1 wheels (a few oz).

The performance geared lmr wheels are a good 4-5 lbs lighter based on their info
https://lmr.com/item/WK-177913A/mustang-sve-r350-wheel-kit-graphite-19x10-11-15-17

The shelby's might come in 1-2 lbs lighter based on their info.
https://www.cjponyparts.com/carroll...powder-with-polished-lip-2005-2020/p/W1097-V/

There are a LOT of aftermarket wheels that "look" lighter, but are actually about the same weight.
https://lmr.com/item/WTK-C521BZMTT/mustang-velgen-classic5-wheel-tire-kit-bronze-mt-sport-15-17

I AM NOT KNOCKING ANY OF THESE WHEELS, JUST LISTING THEIR PUBLISHED WEIGHTS!

So, if you are more concerned with style, you have options. If you are more concerned with rotating mass, you also have options. Hell, you can probably drop 6k and get some custom made that are lower mass with bullitt styling, but for me wheels need to be something that can easily be replaced if you get some curb rash or a balance job gets messed up. Cheaper, lighter, and wider (without being gaudy) was my goal. I also looked at these as they were a bit closer to the bullitt styling, but they were a bit heavy (~30lbs I had to do some digging for figures)

Give lmr / american muscle / cjpony a bit of time and they will have bullittish wheels that are lightweight (provided the aftermarket tire industry survives covid).

zack.whitford

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I really like those SVE R350's. I wish they did a version with polished lip as I'd prefer to stick with a 19" diameter. I feel like the extra meat that 19's allow really lends itself to the throwback 60's look.

zack.whitford

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
By the way, whatever happened to the Steeda wheels that were supposed to happen?

Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
By the way, whatever happened to the Steeda wheels that were supposed to happen?
Zack,

Things were on track & then we were affected by COVID-19 & delaying our sourcing & manufacturing.

We should have them Q1 in 2021.

If you would like to be on the mailing list - shoot your contact info to [email protected] - they are handling this portion of the business & are compiling the follow-up list.

TJ

zack.whitford

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Zack,

Things were on track & then we were affected by COVID-19 & delaying our sourcing & manufacturing.

We should have them Q1 in 2021.

If you would like to be on the mailing list - shoot your contact info to [email protected] - they are handling this portion of the business & are compiling the follow-up list.

TJ
Ah, of course. I’m sorry your business has been impacted but I am glad to hear they’re still in the pipeline.

Bear_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(SIG) 2019 Mustang Bullitt w/ non-mag SMcQ suspension w/ bullitt electronics / (SAUER) 2005 Ford Focus ST
Steeda be like candy man.

Only instead of killing you, they target your bank account.

I see you steeda... I also see those juicy control arms and rear camber arms....

/goes broke in under 10 seconds.

zack.whitford

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Steeda be like candy man.

Only instead of killing you, they target your bank account.

I see you steeda... I also see those juicy control arms and rear camber arms....

/goes broke in under 10 seconds.
I know that feel, bro. I just ordered yet another Steeda part.

Sponsored

Bear_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Bear_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice color combo with the green. I have looked at the 5 spoke sve the same color
I was looking at the silver to match the door trim, but decided to roll the dice on the "ceramic bronze". I would love to see someone try the silver so I wont have to.

ecumkh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
I love the car and its exclusivity in a sense. I get sooo many compliments and of course you change the wheels out because you have to be different then every other Bullitt ou there . . .

I love to see what people do with their cars. Here is my setup:

10-7-2020 10-41-09 AM.jpg

10-7-2020 10-46-37 AM.jpg

Bear_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I love the car and its exclusivity in a sense. I get sooo many compliments and of course you change the wheels out because you have to be different then every other Bullitt ou there . . .

I love to see what people do with their cars. Here is my setup:

10-7-2020 10-41-09 AM.jpg

10-7-2020 10-46-37 AM.jpg
That fitement though.
#nice
Any rubbing under hard acceleration or turning?

ecumkh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
That fitement though.
#nice
Any rubbing under hard acceleration or turning?
No rubbing what so ever . . . spec'ed everything to make sure that would be the case. Stance did turn out perfect.
Sponsored