Sponsored

Boosted going Vengeance Stage 2. Which Slave?

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I am finishing up my built engine and got most of it back together. We dropped the engine out of the car on the K-member with the headers and transmission. I am almost ready to mate the two back together and I am putting in a Vengeance stage 2 in and Barton shifter while it's all apart. The original clutch and slave cylinder had 47k mikes on it, while i am in there, might as well do a new slave, What slave cylinder do you guys recommend? Is going back with the stock Ford one good or is there a better one I should get?
Sponsored

Last edited:

J17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Stock Ford is the best. I think they are made by FTE (at least that’s the stamping that was on mine) and I see Rock Auto sells that brand for quite a bit less than a Ford one.

Wolfys11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jakub
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Gt
Ive never heard of anyone recommending anything but stock ford one, i believe exedy makes the stock one but i may be wrong with that. Get a stainless steel line to replace the rubber one, that will probably be the best upgrade for clutch fluid related stuff

Wolfys11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jakub
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Gt
Any reason you went with a vengence stage 2 over other clutches like mcloed rxt? Ive been debating which route to go myself soon

OP
OP
HKusp

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Any reason you went with a vengence stage 2 over other clutches like mcloed rxt? Ive been debating which route to go myself soon
I spoke to Beefcake and they were recommending the Vengeance over the McLeod. Both are really good, but the Vengence has the cooling fins/vanes and the one piece flywheel versus the two piece. At the time I was shopping, my car was on the stock clutch that was slipping. I was also on 93 and 750+ whp. My thoughts were, I wanted to be as easy as possible on the MT82D4, but not worry about not having enough clutch. I was going to buy the RST because having had an RXT in my GT500, I felt like it was going to be too harsh. Beefcake said the Vengeance Stage 2 was better suited to my needs. Now I am (slightly)worried I may not have ENOUGH clutch for the 900whp I am planning on even though it's rated to 850 ft/lbs of torque, which I will be far below.

djcodeman did a little review of the two here as well.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/mcleod-rst-vs-vengeance-stg-1.192921/post-3875499

Sponsored

Wolfys11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jakub
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Gt
I spoke to Beefcake and they were recommending the Vengeance over the McLeod. Both are really good, but the Vengence has the cooling fins/vanes and the one piece flywheel versus the two piece. At the time I was shopping, my car was on the stock clutch that was slipping. I was also on 93 and 750+ whp. My thoughts were, I wanted to be as easy as possible on the MT82D4, but not worry about not having enough clutch. I was going to buy the RST because having had an RXT in my GT500, I felt like it was going to be too harsh. Beefcake said the Vengeance Stage 2 was better suited to my needs. Now I am (slightly)worried I may not have ENOUGH clutch for the 900whp I am planning on even though it's rated to 850 ft/lbs of torque, which I will be far below.

djcodeman did a little review of the two here as well.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/mcleod-rst-vs-vengeance-stg-1.192921/post-3875499
Very interesting! It does seem to have a few nicer design features. This is still the twin disk right? May i ask how much ya ended up spending on it?

OP
OP
HKusp

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Very interesting! It does seem to have a few nicer design features. This is still the twin disk right? May i ask how much ya ended up spending on it?
It is twin disk, I bought it back in May and would have to look back, but I know Beefcake worked me a deal and if I recall correctly, it was just shy of $1400 shipped.

Goterr0r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
I did a stage 2 Vengeance as well on my last car. Factory slave, throw out, and braided line. I was around the 700ish mark and it was a great clutch. If i remember correctly i got everything from Parker Performance as they had a bundle deal with everything you would want to replace while your in there.

OP
OP
HKusp

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Update on this situation, but with a caveat. My clutch is slipping bad, and I have about 6500 miles on it with no drag strip passes, about 3 or 4 burnouts and zero dig races. However, I DO have an oil leak and it may have contaminated the friction surfaces so it's coming out this week. I spoke with Vengeance, and so far the customer service has been outstanding. They said for me to send it down to them and they will inspect it and make recommendations based off of what they see once it's in their possession. I will paraphrase the rep I spoke with, Parker. He said that they haven't seen any premature failures at my current power level, but once they get it in their hands, if I want, I can upgrade to the Stage 3. He also said that because I am a current customer who bought one of their kits, they are going to take very good care of me. He said, you will never have to pay full price for a clutch on this car again. He quoted my $300 to rebuild it to stage 2 specs again. I will update further when I have more information.

OP
OP
HKusp

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
It wasn't oil contamination. The clutch is SMOKED and you could tell it had gotten hot. I am thinking something wasn't right with the installation or I had a bad throw-out bearing or pilot bushing. I will update as information is provided by Vengeance.

Sponsored

Lonniesgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lonnie
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
It wasn't oil contamination. The clutch is SMOKED and you could tell it had gotten hot. I am thinking something wasn't right with the installation or I had a bad throw-out bearing or pilot bushing. I will update as information is provided by Vengeance.

Hopefully it's a bad throw out bearing or pilot. I still have my vengeance stage 2 sitting here, planning on installing within the month.