Sponsored

Anyone in Arizona with an MGW on a Gen 3?

Jpump

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1(Need For Green)
I'm looking for someone in Mesa or around there that has an MGW on their Gen 3. I'd like to compare it to mine and to see if my reverse lockout is set correctly. I can shift through all the gears, but the 1-2 shift feels like it's fighting me a little. Hopefully the lockout just needs adjusted a little and it's not a transmission problem. I had the shifter installed last weekend and the lockout wasn't changed from how it came from MGW.
Sponsored

John S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1
Sorry I can't help from Michigan but shifts are smooth and reverse is also no sweat. MGW's pre-set adjustment is a ballpark estimate and mine needed further adjusting to dial it in.

OP
OP
Jpump

Jpump

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
Sorry I can't help from Michigan but shifts are smooth and reverse is also no sweat. MGW's pre-set adjustment is a ballpark estimate and mine needed further adjusting to dial it in.
Yeah. Figured I'd like to try someone else's shifter before I take stuff apart, but probably the best plan. Mine shifts fine, it's just really stiff which will get better. I might also just be use to how sloppy the stock shifter is. Oh well. Looks like an hour of work to check it. Thanks.

Unas2k5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Samer
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2021 Explorer ,2019 Impala
Michigan here too. How was the install ? Looks like a nightmare 😂

OP
OP
Jpump

Jpump

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
I adjusted the lockout today. Definitely improved the feel of 1st and 2nd.

I didn't install it myself. Had a clutch, headers and the shifter installed last weekend. Wasn't confident enough in my abilities to do a clutch myself, let alone on jackstands.

John S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1
I did my installation when I had the driveshaft and exhaust removed for other mods. Simple installation but seating the rubber boot is the challenge. Having the extra room to fiddle with it helped and, as George warns in the installation video, just be patient.
Sponsored