Sponsored

An actually useful S550/S650 Mustang cup holder!

TCornishIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP1 [6MT]
I've had my 6MT Mustang GT for a little over a year now and it's been an awesome ride. Except for the cup holders. Which, honestly, are just for show because putting anything in them is enough to get in my way of shifting gears. I can't imagine how bad it is with a short shifter.

So with that being said, after not seeing any solutions online, I designed this footwell cup holder - which has worked great for me. I'm banging through gears and staying hydrated at the same time. 😎🥤

IMG_9493.JPG

IMG_9511.JPG

It's basically a steel plate adhered to the kick board that allows for attachment of a magnetic cup holder. And being magnetic, you can easily remove and store the cup holder too. Like a couple other things I've designed, I made the cup holder for myself but wanted to throw it out to the Mustang community too.

Check it out: Footwell Cup Holder

Cheers! 🍻
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
which has worked great for me. I'm banging through gears and staying hydrated at the same time
yikes, how long are your arms?

Wouldn't it be a lot easier to hang a hydration bladder off the head-rest and clip the hose to your seat-belt/shirt and just keep the bite valve handy?

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
stock holders hold my large coffee no problem.. so ya, that's all I care about ha-ha.

OP
OP
TCornishIII

TCornishIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This looks identical to what's on Amazon for under $10
Because it is lol

Wouldn't it be a lot easier to hang a hydration bladder off the head-rest and clip the hose to your seat-belt/shirt and just keep the bite valve handy?
I mean, that's definitely one way to go about it. I just needed something to put those tall RedBull cans in haha

Sponsored

ZeroTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ZERO
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I've had no problems at all unless I'm trying to put a gigantic large coke from Whataburger in there. Which I don't do. I just order a medium.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Probably depends how tall you are (seating position) and how tall your drink is. I don't usually have any issues

CrackedHorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Mustang GT/CS; 15 Mustang GT
Because it is lol

I mean, that's definitely one way to go about it. I just needed something to put those tall RedBull cans in haha
You linked to a page where this is selling for over $30. I Thought that was....odd

MrBD1348

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT MT-82
You linked to a page where this is selling for over $30. I Thought that was....odd
You should scroll through the photos on both pages and look at the options on OP page. The addition of the magnetic cup holder is the same price as Amazon.

Cool project OP! Might grab one to put a mount for an electronic device on!

Sponsored

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 premium
Drink in the front cup holder works fine for me. I keep my 20oz yeti in there. Now Put one in the rear cupholder and I’m shifting like the rat fink

OP
OP
TCornishIII

TCornishIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I mean, yeah, you have to make adjustments, but I made this work for 3 miles :)
Love that pic 🤣. Yeah you can make it work but man it can get old quick. I carry around a tall water bottle all the time and just end up throwing it in the passenger seat.

The mounting plate looks custom. A bit generous with the rivets, imo...
The mounting plate is custom. Might’ve gone over the top with the shape and powder coating, but it looks the part and works great imo.

OP
OP
TCornishIII

TCornishIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Might need to change the thread title to “how do you shift?” lol because my forearm is firmly planted over the cup holders.

That’s mainly why I’ve been eyeing up this cup holder arm rest for some time but never got because I didn’t want to completely delete them.
Sponsored