Aggressive convertible spoilers?

Reddirocket27

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2018 CPO EB Prem Conv w/ 201A
Well, I can confirm that the Speedform GT350 track pack spoiler does not fit the convertible. It WILL attach, after stretching the outboard holes and drilling new center holes, but the ends will not lay flush on the deck lid. It leaves a gap about 1/8" on both ends. Nice wing for the price but just doesn't work with the 'vert.
Wing gap resized.JPG
Soooo close!
Sponsored

signal12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR 50 YEAR Ecoboost Convertable 6MT

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Well, I can confirm that the Speedform GT350 track pack spoiler does not fit the convertible. It WILL attach, after stretching the outboard holes and drilling new center holes, but the ends will not lay flush on the deck lid. It leaves a gap about 1/8" on both ends. Nice wing for the price but just doesn't work with the 'vert.
Wing gap resized.JPG
Yep, that little contour difference in the trunk lid of the convertible vs. the coupe causes that fitment issue, but I mean, it doesn't look terrible :) I had the same thing with my Foose/MMD wing, not convertible specific, and the ends didn't quite sit flush on the trunk lid.

You can see how the BMC sits perfectly flush:

IMG_6744_1200.jpeg

signal12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
Yep, that little contour difference in the trunk lid of the convertible vs. the coupe causes that fitment issue, but I mean, it doesn't look terrible :) I had the same thing with my Foose/MMD wing, not convertible specific, and the ends didn't quite sit flush on the trunk lid.

You can see how the BMC sits perfectly flush:

IMG_6744_1200.jpeg
I'm really more concerned about water intrusion!

signal12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
Does anyone know how much flex is in the factory PP1 pedestal type wing?

Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I'm really more concerned about water intrusion!

Mine isn't 3M-ed, it had rubber padding around the perimeter, but water could easily get under it. I drilled 4 holes (PP convertible so none), really close the screw size, but the extra thing I did, was to cover the screw with automotive Goop. So not only did it lock the fasteners down, but it made a nice seal around the hole.

signal12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
Mine isn't 3M-ed, it had rubber padding around the perimeter, but water could easily get under it. I drilled 4 holes (PP convertible so none), really close the screw size, but the extra thing I did, was to cover the screw with automotive Goop. So not only did it lock the fasteners down, but it made a nice seal around the hole.
Yeah, unfortunately, mine had the pitiful little spoiler on it which meant several holes were left open and expressed on the ends. I've tried to fill them with caulk but access isn't easy.

signal12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Anyone ever try this on eBay as another option? I've heard of the spoiler company for years, just never bought from them.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/FORD-MUSTA...020-/132012775761?vxp=mtr&hash=item1ebc931951
I didn't buy from that seller, but that's basically what I have, a GT350 Track Pack specifically for convertibles.

Funny enough, that's the same white convertible on the site where I got mine:

https://www.bmcextremecustoms.net/mustang-convertible-350r--spoiler-track-pack-style-2015-2017.html

I'm assume that's the same company/source/manufacturer, somewhere along the supply chain.

IMG_6341_1200.jpeg

Sponsored

signal12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)

kscoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
Used the 4 existing holes. Just had to drill into the spoiler for the 2 center. Did not use any tape. I did however put some silicone on the heads to keep water out of the trunk.
This is the same one I have.
90143474_1153350518346845_4946641717454438400_o.jpg

signal12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
Used the 4 existing holes. Just had to drill into the spoiler for the 2 center. Did not use any tape. I did however put some silicone on the heads to keep water out of the trunk.
Thanks! I think I'm going to try the one from ebay that looks like the BMC one. Unfortunately, the Speedform was leaving too much of a gap and leaked.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
How does this one attach? 2 screws? 4 screws? Just tape? Thanks!
Unlike @kscoke who had existing holes for a factory wing, I had none (PP1 car), but it's the same method as theirs: 4 screws. Since I was drilling my trunk lid, I matched it to the 4 mounting points on the wing. This was the second PP convertible I added a wing to, and so the drilling this time around wasn't as scary :D

FWIW, I refuse to add any aero components with just 3M tape, I realize I'm not going to be doing 200 on the Autobahn but something about it bothers me.

I used the same technique as my previous wing to determine the hole positions, and this wing came with paper strips for it. I can post some pics, but basically you lightly tape long strips on the wing holes in strips aligned to mounting holes, then position it, then tape down the strips to the car, leaving the hole where the mount on the wing needs to be, positioned on the trunk. Really pretty easy, just a little nerve wracking ...

Oh, I also used a Dremel with a drill bit to create some pilot holes, that gives you a little better fine control vs. a full sized drill motor.
Sponsored