Affordable Insurance

markayash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
Just a side note, I have been with Geico for 20 years and everytime I shopped around nothing was cheaper. Heard a consumer guy the other day talking about how insurance companies know if you have been with them 15 or more years you probably won't leave so they slowly raise your rates and never lower them.
So I shopped around and now progressive is a $1000 less every 6 months ( 3 drivers/cars and one is 21 ).
Sponsored

Kabayo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT
I'm a body man I've seen Hagerty screw a few customers over pretty bad. They are very very good at getting out of paying for claims. I pay $85 per month full coverage zero deductible for my 17 GT Through state farm. But I have 4 cars and a house with them. So I'm sure I get discounts for multiple policies. I wouldn't use Hagerty for free.
You’re paying $85 a month for 4 cars? That’s amazing.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
try that again. His mustang is that much. Total bill is multiple of that.

I wouldn't have expected that price level outside of Akron, more like in the middle of Iowa with county pop of 5000 souls.

Ins is always location ^3

Kabayo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT
try that again. His mustang is that much. Total bill is multiple of that.

I wouldn't have expected that price level outside of Akron, more like in the middle of Iowa with county pop of 5000 souls.

Ins is always location ^3
Even only $85 for a GT alone, that’s still amazing with 0 deductible?

GrabberBargeCaptain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Base 6sp in Grabber Blue
Hard to compare again when you have to take into account location as well as coverage levels. Some people carry minimum property coverage which is nuts.. rear end a luxury car and you might need to come up with 60 grand out of pocket, or more if you live in an affluent area.

Sponsored

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
I just got my insurance renewal quote and as I was warned by my agent it went up 25%. I’m going to be shopping around taking a look at Geico and Progressive and maybe a couple of others. I’m with Allstate right now.

Miked81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Gt
Plus to add to that I've been insured with state farm since I was 17. I'm now 42. I havent had an accident or ticket since I was 19. Tickets I've been handed but I've beat every single one in court. Never just pay a ticket always fight it. Most of the time the officer never shows up an it gets thrown out. They have more important things to do then show up in court for a speeding ticket. But with zoom court capabilities not sure if that will become a thing of the past in the future.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Most of the time the officer never shows up an it gets thrown out. They have more important things to do then show up in court for a speeding ticket.
in YOUR jurisdiction. The likelihood of that in NoVA is zero. Speeding tickets ARE ABOUT revenue. Not safety.

Miked81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Gt
in YOUR jurisdiction. The likelihood of that in NoVA is zero. Speeding tickets ARE ABOUT revenue. Not safety.
Yep it is all about money speed limits were pretty much put in place for money. Which is why every time I got a ticket I fought it. They get enough out of me for taxes.

Sponsored

Kabayo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT
Plus to add to that I've been insured with state farm since I was 17. I'm now 42. I havent had an accident or ticket since I was 19. Tickets I've been handed but I've beat every single one in court. Never just pay a ticket always fight it. Most of the time the officer never shows up an it gets thrown out. They have more important things to do then show up in court for a speeding ticket. But with zoom court capabilities not sure if that will become a thing of the past in the future.
What is zoom court?