Active Exhaust Troubles: Rattle & Mode Selection Errors on Corsa Setup

Kaboom5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Saher
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
Hey guys, got a bit of a situation here with my active exhaust. I’m running Corsa Longtube Headers and a Corsa Xtreme Catback, with active valves. Everything was fine until yesterday. I left work, thought I set the valves to track mode, but it was still on normal. Tried switching modes, but got an error saying ‘mode selection not available’. Now, the car won’t stay in quiet, sport, or track mode – keeps defaulting to normal.

Also, there’s this crazy rattle from the driver’s side exhaust. Sounds like a soda can bouncing around in there. The car’s sound is somewhere between quiet and normal mode, not fully one or the other. I’m not convinced it’s the wire harness issue that’s common with these cars. Has anyone faced something similar, especially with the mode issue and the rattle? Could use some insights before diving under the car. I’ll attach a video to show what’s up.
Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I think you might have a mixture of two issues - the ‘right side damaged loom’ issue and the ‘corsa ratting valve’ issue ? :frown:

WD :like:

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Agree with WD. Take a look at the passenger side active exhaust wire harness. It’s likely frayed (known issue, it can rub the frame there) and shorted. That will make the exhaust modes unavailable. I’m not as familiar with the Corsa rattle but have seen threads here where it’s been an issue.

OP
OP
Kaboom5.0

Kaboom5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Saher
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
Gotcha, thank you both. I did want to say, I only don’t think it’s the harness because the rattle occurred directly when the valves began to malfunction. This wasn’t an issue prior to the valves not working.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
As long as the actuator can function (even if the valve itself does not), it shouldn’t throw the error code. There are valve deletes that do this which is why I think it may be a harness issue. The harness is pretty easy to check, don’t even really have to jack it up if you don’t mind laying flat in your back. If that looks good, the actuator itself may be damaged in addition to the valve. A damaged actuator would also throw the code.

Sponsored

GrayS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
The rattling is your 100% exhaust valves. There is a way to reset the tension of the spring, but you would have to take the valves off. Idk about the wiring.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra

AK72X

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ahmad
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
The rattling is your 100% exhaust valves. There is a way to reset the tension of the spring, but you would have to take the valves off. Idk about the wiring.
How to reset the tension on the valves? Mine just started rattling after 2-3 months of use ONLY when lightly tapping the throttle, gentle drive off, and cold starts. Rattle occurs only in quiet mode

EDIT: upon installing the springs in the groves and aligning the bolts, did it have a lot of tension or just bolts directly? Mine just bolted right up with little to no tension and didn’t have that rattle at first, maybe the bolts got loose which weakened the tension that’s holding the valve in place? Or should I flip the springs 180 degrees to see if there would be more tension before bolt holes are alignment correctly?

GrayS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
How to reset the tension on the valves? Mine just started rattling after 2-3 months of use ONLY when lightly tapping the throttle, gentle drive off, and cold starts. Rattle occurs only in quiet mode

EDIT: upon installing the springs in the groves and aligning the bolts, did it have a lot of tension or just bolts directly? Mine just bolted right up with little to no tension and didn’t have that rattle at first, maybe the bolts got loose which weakened the tension that’s holding the valve in place? Or should I flip the springs 180 degrees to see if there would be more tension before bolt holes are alignment correctly?
I honestly don’t know how to increase the tension. Some say just remove the motor and install it back the same way and it should reset the tension, but that didnt work for me.
Valves closed it rattles. Valves opened… I can’t hear it because it’s so loud lol

MiamiGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you drive around for a bit, does the error eventually clear and you can then change exhaust modes? Or does it never clear, even after the exhaust heats up?
Sponsored