Sponsored

2018 Mustang Refresh (Prototype) First Look!

NEED2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT base PP Borla s-type H pipe
I see that the tail lights wrap around the side and my 15 they stop before. Does anyone have a idea of the style there trying for? Almost looks like a Camaro's back end.
Sponsored

intoadaze

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Ivann
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT 5.0
I see that the tail lights wrap around the side and my 15 they stop before. Does anyone have a idea of the style there trying for? Almost looks like a Camaro's back end.
I'd photoshop something if i had a better view of the rear end.

Stroked84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
The GT350 IMO just looks better from the windshield forward compared to the GT. It just flows better overall especially with the lower hood and the front fascia compliments the rest of the car.
Honestly, I couldn't disagree more. I think the front fascia on the GT350 is ugly in comparison to the GT's. I like the GT350's hood vent, but not as much as I like the GT's hood bulge. The image in your avatar is actually pretty close to perfect from the windshield forward, IMO.

25-cars-worth-waiting-for-11-2016-ford-mustang-shelby-gt350-inline-photo-585485-s-original.jpg

GT front fascia, GT hood bulge, GT350-like hood scoop where the vent would've been.

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-Grandé
Actually, I think a touring version with slightly softer everything- suspension, seats, etc would sell well. I wonder why Ford has never replaced the Thunderbird... "luxury coupes" always have their niche.
The car has the Performance Pack Suspension and Automatic. Ride could be softer, but the looks are what is getting attention.

The men don't quite know what to make of it. Most of the women who have seen it remark on how "beautiful" it looks.

Definitely think they would sell a lot of them to women.

Should bring the marque back.
GRANDE LEFT FRONT.png

Rampant

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rampantrenders.com
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
MBC (for now)
In all of the pictures where you're able to see the front-end, the headlights seem to be shorter in width and not extend back towards the fenders.
We don't know if they added any padding or anything else to cover up portions of the front to alter the shape to hide details. Same goes for the hood -- they could have padding over the whole thing to make it look smooth and hide the details.

I also doubt the "crossbar" will be noticeably narrower -- there is a beam their they have to cover and I doubt they would make that narrower for crash safety concerns. I don't think they want do all the safety retesting (don't think they have to on mild aesthetic refreshes, but I could be wrong).

But, the tribars in the headlights definitely look more angled and have a different shape to them. That's about all we can really tell for sure.

These camo jobs are getting way too good ;-)

Sponsored

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Magnetic/Showstopper Red, 401A, Active Exhaust
i highly doubt Ford will shorten the headlight length so that they don't wraparound as much like in the photoshop. That just makes it look more like the S197, and I doubt they want to go backwards design wise.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Made a comparison of two things I can clearly spot on the mule

1. Different angle of the tribars
2. sleeker middle part of the chin
The idea is a thinner and lower bumper cover to promote better airflow in AND promote "Over the Hood" aerodynamics.

Good eye, reference the Car and Driver 2015 Mustang Concept on their cover a while ago.

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-Grandé
The bumpers on the 350 and the GT are the same size, and in the same location, just different construction. The 350 bumper cover cross bar is a bit narrower, top-to-bottom than the GT, so there is room on the '18 for a different size opening. The 350 hood definitely has better visibility and matches the rest of the car better. Of course the wider fenders help with that too. There is still plenty of room under the hood for aftermarket add-ons.

Sponsored

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GTPP
From what I have heard the rear is pretty similar. The taillights are just not as dramatic in their separation from the body like the 15-17 cars.

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
With as much love as the GT350 has been getting, you have to wonder if it will go off of that.

legendary mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 mustang gt
That bold part?

Not going to happen on a factory N/A 5.0...that would need FI.

Even if DI raised the power 10%..you're still looking at "only" 440 foot lbs of torque.

It's just the reality of it...n/a 5.0L motors are not going to make the the torque of engines that are over a liter larger.
You dont need FI,or DI to get over 475 hp.remember the mustang BOSS SX,had 500hp or more from a 5.0,and it was N/A.:ford::cheers:

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
From what I have heard the rear is pretty similar. The taillights are just not as dramatic in their separation from the body like the 15-17 cars.
That's a shame. The rear is the best part of the car. I adore the 3D taillights and it's one of the most unique parts of the car.
Sponsored