Sponsored

2015 Mustang Orders Placed Thread (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2015 Mustang have you ordered?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullet

Italian Stallion
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang
It's probably best to know what you're getting yourself in to before you order, not wait until the car gets there and you have to walk away because the dealer plays hardball.

If you go with X-Plan, you definitely want to make sure they'll accept it, because some won't. If you're not going X-Plan, you probably should. Some have gotten better deals, but X-Plan takes the work out of getting a good deal. You can get X-Plan from either EAA, or MCA, but you have to buy a membership of each (they sell yearly memberships). There's a whole thread on Incentives (which includes X-Plan), I'd encourage you to read it if you're not already familiar.
Hey thanks for the reply!
I did a lot of research and AM going with the x-plan (I notified them I'd be doing this since I was told to do so before placing my order) and they asked for my pin already, I just wanted to know if they were going to give me anything that said X-plan on it right now or wait until it comes in, because the paper they asked me to sign has the MSRP pricing on it and don't want to sign it if that's going to hold me to that pricing. Sorry about that if it's a stupid question but I'm only 19 here and this is kind of a big purchase for me. :p
Sponsored

souprmage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP 50th Appearance
I did a lot of research and AM going with the x-plan (I notified them I'd be doing this since I was told to do so before placing my order) and they asked for my pin already, I just wanted to know if they were going to give me anything that said X-plan on it right now or wait until it comes in, because the paper they asked me to sign has the MSRP pricing on it and don't want to sign it if that's going to hold me to that pricing. Sorry about that if it's a stupid question but I'm only 19 here and this is kind of a big purchase for me. :p
Yeah, have them print the DORA, it will have the prices for all the different plans, including X-Plan. Then have them circle that one to make it clear that's the one you're buying under. Or at least that's what my dealer did for me when I ordered.

BTW, they don't need the pin at order time, but they may just want to confirm you actually have a pin. The pin is only really needed when they create the invoice at delivery.

I personally would only sign the one that shows the x-plan price and not a generic MSRP. Just ask them nicely you'd like to get a DORA that shows the x-plan price so that you know what you'll be paying when you pick up the car.

Hopefully they're not asking for a large deposit. Some people are getting away with no deposit, but $500 is normal, and $1000 is on the high side. More than that, and I'd likely look for a different dealer.

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
Glad it's working out for you. Cruise over the EAA.com, pay the $40 to join and get the $750 rebate to go with your X-Plan. It's a nice bonus. And then be strong when you go to sign for the car. The finance manager will offer you Space Age Body Shield, interior protectant, lost key insurance, Gap Insurance, extended warranties and all sorts of other ways to separate you from your money. Unless you negotiate the price down like 50% or more (seriously) they are ALL over-priced.

If you want an extended warranty, check out the pricing at Flood Ford or Troy Ford. Just google Ford ESP Pricing and you will find them.

If you are borrowing a lot of the car's value (75% or more) and paying over 60 months or more, you likely should get Gap Insurance. But get it from your credit union or insurance company, NOT from the dealer. It should cost about $250 or $300 and your dealer is likely to ask $600.

The rest of it? You decide, but remember why they offer these high-profit items.

Bullet

Italian Stallion
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang
They're asking for a $500 deposit which I heard is normal. I emailed the sales manager I'm working with and asked him to confirm that the MSRP prices shown do not reflect what I'll actually be expected to pay upon delivery as I will be going ahead with the x-plan pricing...haven't gotten a confirmation response on that but I'd be comfortable signing that after they confirm that I will be paying below MSRP and going through x-plan. I've already got the EAA bonus in there as well, thanks!

I overheard my dad talking the GAP insurance and will have to read into that a little more. I'm putting 50% down so I don't know if I'll need it but it's better to be informed regardless.

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
I overheard my dad talking the GAP insurance and will have to read into that a little more. I'm putting 50% down so I don't know if I'll need it but it's better to be informed regardless.
If you are putting 50% down, you don't need gap and would never see a dollar from a policy.

Gap pays the difference between the value of your car if you total it, and your remaining loan balance. So it's only of value if your loan balance is greater than the value of your car. You will never be there.

Sponsored

Pony girl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, Competition Orange, PP
Ugh. Order placed 11/10 and still not showing up in cotus. My dealer called today and left a message that by end of NEXT week he should have a build and tentative deliver date. The waiting and inability to obsess over the progress screens in cotus is driving me crazy!

planedoc

Planedoc
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, DIB, PP
Ugh. Order placed 11/10 and still not showing up in cotus. My dealer called today and left a message that by end of NEXT week he should have a build and tentative deliver date. The waiting and inability to obsess over the progress screens in cotus is driving me crazy!
Lol, I ordered mine on 5/20, still waiting for it....

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
Sounds like your obsessing is proceeding nicely, with or without COTUS.:shrug:

Sponsored

Blacksheep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Ordered my gt premium with pp and red interior trim on 11/11/14. 9 days later Got a vin in Cotus but no build date yet. Son of a.....:lol:
My salesman said his manager is ordering it as their allocation, but he curbed my excitement stating that during the holidays Ford shuts down their factory for 2 weeks. What are my chances of getting my car before January ends?

berserker_sid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT premium
Ordered my gt premium with pp and red interior trim on 11/11/14. 9 days later Got a vin in Cotus but no build date yet. Son of a.....:lol:
My salesman said his manager is ordering it as their allocation, but he curbed my excitement stating that during the holidays Ford shuts down their factory for 2 weeks. What are my chances of getting my car before January ends?
even God cannot tell u tat..

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
pretty unlikely that you'll get it before january
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.