2015 GT350R for sale......

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Many thought there were differences between the GN and GNX when it came to the motors. There wasn’t any difference in actual hp between the two models. The running gear was the same right down to the short blocks. Real world dyno the cars were 300ish. At the time I was between a 17 Gt/manual and a T-type, both new. I bought the foxbody. Later on I bought the local buick dealers personal GN, happened to be a client of the firm a family member worked for. He had a couple GNX’s to. He turned in to a good friend till he passed years later. A manual would have been an interesting proposition in one of those cars.

No question that the 1987 Buick Grand National was a very cool car but the 1987 GNX was much more desirable without question.

If I recall correctly Buick built over 20,000 Grand National vehicles for the 1987 model year versus just 547 Buick GNX models being assembled that same model year.

The Grand National came with 245 HP whereas the GNX came with 300 HP therefore based on the significant difference in production numbers let alone the ~20% plus HP difference the GNX was in a league of its own with values between the two Buick models reflecting accordingly over the last many years.

I almost pulled the trigger on both of these models back in the day but the only reason for not purchasing a "Darth Vader" Buick was based on the automatic transmission which many of my buddies and myself could not accept back in the day.

Could you imagine a 5-speed manual transmission in a 1987 Buick GNX back then as that would have been something else!
Sponsored

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10/23 Mach1 A10/23 Mach1 6MT/24 GT A10
Many thought there were differences between the GN and GNX when it came to the motors. There wasn’t any difference in actual hp between the two models. The running gear was the same right down to the short blocks. Real world dyno the cars were 300ish. At the time I was between a 17 Gt/manual and a T-type, both new. I bought the foxbody. Later on I bought the local buick dealers personal GN, happened to be a client of the firm a family member worked for. He had a couple GNX’s to. He turned in to a good friend till he passed years later. A manual would have been an interesting proposition in one of those cars.
The short blocks may have indeed been the same but every credible test/review from the time that I’ve seen shows a tuning difference which was reflected in hp and performance numbers.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
All GNX models were sent to ASC/McLaren for extensive modifications therefore we are comparing apples with oranges with significant performance enhancements for the GNX.

Going by memory some of the modifications included a new Garrett turbo which provided more boost and had a lightweight ceramic impeller, improved Garrett intercooler, revised and free flowing exhaust system, new ECM chip, revised rear suspension for better traction and launch, larger and lighter wheels/tires and many other improvements.

Not a big GM fan but I must admit I lusted over the GNX and should have purchased one when I had the chance.

The performance times for the GNX that I recall from back in the day with fellow car buddies were significantly better than a GN and liked that each GNX came with a chassis plate badge and number on the passenger dash pad.

Last edited:

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Today is the big day for this one... any word on it yet?

https://www.mecum.com/lots/1118962/
If you get MotorTrend TV as part of your cable/streaming service, it’s on live right now. Haven’t seen the R cross yet, but I’ve been trying to balance the Cubs game, work and Mecum all at once LOL

Sponsored

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
Haven’t seen the R cross yet, but I’ve been trying to balance the Cubs game, work and Mecum all at once LOL
pffffft…record the Cubs, call in sick and watch the dam auction 😂

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
pffffft…record the Cubs, call in sick and watch the dam auction 😂
I’ve got my dual monitors for work, my son’s ipad with the Cubs game and my iPad with Mecum LOL. Also have Mecum going on the big screen for when I take “water refill breaks” 😉

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Did we miss it? If they’re going in lot order, F205 (68 GT500KR) and F206 (78 Vette Pace Car) just crossed, the 15 R is lot F193.1. It’s not showing as sold on the website though

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
got a yellow SOLD sticker on the homepage…

IMG_3508.jpeg
Thanks just updated to sold on my phone. Must not have refreshed the browser

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Hammered at $210K, reserve was lifted at $200k. YouTube TV won’t let me screenshot but I just went back and watched it

Dharri21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HE, 2022 GT500 CFTP HE, 2022 Lightning
Vehicle Showcase
$77K Bid
Sponsored