Sponsored

2015 5.0 on Fire literally

cush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium with PP, Guard Metalic
No one said he can't sue whoever he wants that's not the conversation at hand. we are discussing the actual process that insurance companies have to go through after an incident like this. if lawsuits is what you are discussing that is all opinions. We, however, are not talking about that.
And the only reason I "have to be right" is you are posting garbage like it's fact on a public forum and trying to discredit actual facts in the process. Also this whole thing has been quite entertaining for weeks now. I find it amusing when people refuse to accept that just because they don't like something it can still be true.
Ahhh there you go again thinking you are correct and the only way of doing things is your way... you can state your perceived processes and protocols all you want, that does not mean you are 100% correct, it just means that is what you've experienced. I have not stated anything as if it were fact, only you and you're compatriot SVTfreak have done that! If doing something other than the way you may or may not have experienced is garbage, so be it, but again that is only your opinion. Get off you're high horse, or should I say Mustang...
Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
In before the lock.....

P4RKER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Fastback
Ahhh there you go again thinking you are correct and the only way of doing things is your way... you can state your perceived processes and protocols all you want, that does not mean you are 100% correct, it just means that is what you've experienced. I have not stated anything as if it were fact, only you and you're compatriot SVTfreak have done that! If doing something other than the way you may or may not have experienced is garbage, so be it, but again that is only your opinion. Get off you're high horse, or should I say Mustang...
I was unaware that a legal process was an opinion. Thank you so much for setting me straight on that one I will be sure to remember this next time. Thank you for also assuming where my knowledge on this process comes from, its reassuring when people over the Internet know more about you than you do.

I can't believe this thread hasn't been locked yet.

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
I was unaware that a legal process was an opinion. Thank you so much for setting me straight on that one I will be sure to remember this next time. Thank you for also assuming where my knowledge on this process comes from, its reassuring when people over the Internet know more about you than you do.

I can't believe this thread hasn't been locked yet.

Legal process are always options. The course of action that is designed, technically, is a legal option. But try to win a lawsuit with no proof.

"I want compensation from ford because my car burned down"

"Show me it's their fault"

*dumbfounded*

cush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium with PP, Guard Metalic
Legal process are always options. The course of action that is designed, technically, is a legal option. But try to win a lawsuit with no proof.

"I want compensation from ford because my car burned down"

"Show me it's their fault"

*dumbfounded*
WOW! You and P4RKER, are quite amazing, I'm not saying you are wrong by any means, I'm just saying your experience is your experience. I also never said that the OP would receive anything without proof. The only thing I'm saying is that it is highly unlikely that this fire just happened, and it's even more unlikely that it was caused by the OP.

I'm done! Enjoy the rest of your day... It is Friday, so have one on me (in spirit).

Sponsored

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WOW! You and P4RKER, are quite amazing, I'm not saying you are wrong by any means, I'm just saying your experience is your experience. I also never said that the OP would receive anything without proof. The only thing I'm saying is that it is highly unlikely that this fire just happened, and it's even more unlikely that it was caused by the OP.

I'm done! Enjoy the rest of your day... It is Friday, so have one on me (in spirit).

Weather something went wrong isn't the issue. We
Know it did. My point is that until it's proven who is responsible for what happened, how insurance is the responsible party. We know it happened and I agree that it's 50% chance that ford did it and 50% chance that the dealership did.

Let me say this.

You and another guy are suspected of murder. Should they throw you in jail because of that 50% chance?

Due process.

Innocent until proven guilty.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Fair question, but I think I stated I'm just a guy that was seriously considering a Mustang and this post particularly caught my attention. I'm a big believer that you learn more about people / companies when they are dealing with problems than you do when everything is going great.

I'm really sorry that the OP has to deal with this mess, and if you read the OP's updates Ford has refused to do provide any help or assistance (not even X plan pricing), and they even said they weren't going to investigate because it would be too expensive. Since Ford has already issued a recall for 2015 Mustang 2.3's potentially catching fire, don't you think it would be worth them checking this out too? I know this was a 5.0, but recall's are never expanded? Logically don't you think they'd be at least curious?

I also know that Ford could do more, or anything, to help the guy out, and I'm not sure what surprises me more, the fact they won't or the fanboys diehard insistence that they shouldn't have to.

BTW, I have no have no allegiance to Ford, GM, Mopar or any manufacturer (or insurance company). I just really feel that Ford has dropped the ball in this case.

So, take shots at me if you want, but I didn't build or service the car that caught on fire, or work for the insurance company that may be dragging their heels on restitution. I just feel bad for the OP and am disappointed that people could take action, won't.

As I said before we can agree to disagree, because clearly this isn't going to get resolved here...
I am not taking shots at you. Just curious of the background and the interest in this thread as a new poster. Nothing more:cheers:

P4RKER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Fastback

I really had already walked away but this made me laugh. SVT and I have both said the OP is getting screwed and either the dealership or Ford screwed up. I think you came late to the party so you missed that part. We are all 3 arguing in agreement. That just makes me laugh. All we were getting at is there are several posters who have said whether it's Ford or the dealer they are both the same thing and it's ultimately Ford's fault which is in fact not true. I apologize the 3 of us were not more clear on that point. Cheers and happy Friday!

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Any updates from there OP?

hcappie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I will have to agree with Parker & SVT. IT's between OP & his insurance. If he has full coverage then FIRE is a covered PERIL. Unless they suspect foul play, they will pay the claim & move on. If they do suspect foul play, and they think it is the OP, they will pursue him legally for committing insurance fraud. If they suspect negligence on the part of the dealership (say through statements from OP to them about just having had work done) they MAY choose to investigate further & send an investigator to the dealership. However, being a business in it for profit, the insurance company will not take that route if the costs outweigh the benefits. The OP CAN sue Ford and/or the dealership but the burden of proof is on HIM to prove negligence or faulty design. Now, if we see 15 more GTs go up in flames, then Ford may become more pro-active & NHTSA would most likely become involved. Let's just all hope/pray that this is just an unfortunate & isolated incident. After all , could have been something as simple as someone flicking a cigarette butt out the window & bouncing up into his engine bay & then coming in contact with a flammable substance such as spilled oil & igniting

Sponsored

Wblv17

older fart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2014 5.7HEMI Ram and 2015 eco boost race red pp

he hasn't responded in awhile, so as far as we know Ford and Dealer are working with him now. Lots of speculation.

I know Ford step up and helped me get my car back a lot faster.

Branden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
he hasn't responded in awhile, so as far as we know Ford and Dealer are working with him now. Lots of speculation.

I know Ford step up and helped me get my car back a lot faster.
OP saw the shitstorm he stirred up and got out of dodge. :D

Hopefully he's getting it straightened out though, something like this has to be a real pain to go through.

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will have to agree with Parker & SVT. IT's between OP & his insurance. If he has full coverage then FIRE is a covered PERIL. Unless they suspect foul play, they will pay the claim & move on. If they do suspect foul play, and they think it is the OP, they will pursue him legally for committing insurance fraud. If they suspect negligence on the part of the dealership (say through statements from OP to them about just having had work done) they MAY choose to investigate further & send an investigator to the dealership. However, being a business in it for profit, the insurance company will not take that route if the costs outweigh the benefits. The OP CAN sue Ford and/or the dealership but the burden of proof is on HIM to prove negligence or faulty design. Now, if we see 15 more GTs go up in flames, then Ford may become more pro-active & NHTSA would most likely become involved. Let's just all hope/pray that this is just an unfortunate & isolated incident. After all , could have been something as simple as someone flicking a cigarette butt out the window & bouncing up into his engine bay & then coming in contact with a flammable substance such as spilled oil & igniting

Nice to see other people understand the establish system for scenarios such as this. [emoji16]

krahooligan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pretty sure OP said insurance totaled vehicle. Ford gave no incentives or any help.
he's probably already driving another mustang. He said he was at the dealership around the 10th or 11th of March. Done deal is what it sounds like.

OctopusWrangler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP & AP
It would be nice to have OP chime in with an update though wouldn't it? Lots of people are driving the exact same engine/car, it would be nice to hear whether this is a truly isolated "some done f-ed up good" incident or perhaps there's more.
Frankly, I don't care who/what is at fault, I would just like to know what exactly happened.
I'm driving this car. It matters to me.
Sponsored