10r80 funky drive

Velocity10gear

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shaad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 10spd
I have a 10r80 trams rebuilt with a suncoast stafe 2 transmission, dual pump fore fuel system, v7 ysi and corsa full exhaust, Lund tuned for e85 on a small pulley. The issue I’m having is that as the trans fluid temps warms up, it jerks between gears and surges in certain gears and you can see in the video shown. The trans level was short about 2 qts and I filled that to the correct level. Looking for some insight on what the issue might be. I’ll attach a video of what I’m talking about
Sponsored

OP
OP

Velocity10gear

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shaad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 10spd
Here’s the video

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
Mine was doing some weird stuff when my torque converter was bad

OP
OP

Velocity10gear

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shaad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 10spd
Mine was doing some weird stuff when my torque converter was bad
It’s crazy that you said that because that’s the only thought reason I had in my head. Did you replace with another stock one or the circle D? And what kinda symptoms were you having. Did you have to replace the whole trans? (Please say no)

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
I was having symptoms at first where the car wouldnt move for a while when I put it in drive when the car was cold started. I had to revv it up and it would slowly start catching. I had some solenoid in the transmission replaced and that fixed the cold start non-movement issue, but then I was having it slip on the 4-5 shift at low throttle when hot, it would slip and rev up then catch hard. I decided to have the trans rebuilt and at RSA race solutions and while they were rebuilding they found out some shaft was damaged and my torque converter was damaged, so they replaced the torque converter with a new stock one, some shaft, and also rebuilt the trans. I had some problems after the trans was rebuilt were it was slipping the 1-2 shift when very cold , but I just got a 1st gear delete tune and its fine now.

For you, since you have a centri, an after market converter could be beneficial I would suspect, not entirely sure if thats your issue though mine was slipping a bit differently than yours.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Velocity10gear

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shaad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 10spd
Ahh okok. Yeah I was looking into replacing the roque converter since the trans is already built now as is. Do you remember what solenoid had to get replaced? I may have that looked into as well.

OP
OP

Velocity10gear

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shaad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 10spd
Correct. I am being steady while it’s doing this
Sponsored