Sponsored

Interior Noises

Droid_Junky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Mustang
I'm thinking about removing both Aluminum pieces and fixing this myself (both dealers ignored it). Anyone have a guide, or a website link on how to remove it?
The piece below the dash panel along the door snaps off easily. I just used a plastic pry tool. The piece that surrounds the swith appears to be bolted in place. It doesn't budge with the pry tool. I pryed on every corner. That's as far as I've got.
Sponsored

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
Guys i have some rattle issues too, the aluminum piece by the glove box and steering wheels left bottom corner where the aluminum meets the black plastic area. Today i used silicon spray through each piece where the aluminum meets the plastic trim. I applied it really gently with a micro fiber towel and the extension pipe. I also used another towel to dry the spilled areas. I tested the car after 3 hours when everything was dry. So far i can say is that it worked. No rattles but i ll keep you guys posted. I had a really bad rattle in my previous camaro, the cold air intake was causing a rattle by the windshield cowl and the silicon spray fixed it. Hopefully it works this time as well! Cheers!

Bryman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I noticed a wicked rattle a few times during the 107 miles I drove before putting away for winter and it seemed to be coming front left of the driver. Could be the A pillar or the light switch as others mentioned. My car was built in December, wonder if it will be a TSB eventually?

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
It's been really cold here the whole time I've owned the car, and so I've expected this, but I've never had a car that gave off cracking noises from the windshield as constantly as this one does from the glass resettling and metal and plastic pieces expanding and contracting in the heat/cold. As the car starts to heat up on a drive it sounds like I'm getting pebbles in the windshield at speed every thirty or forty seconds.

Every car I've ever owned has done that, just this one seems more prominent.

Bay1Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic '15 V6 051a
It's been really cold here the whole time I've owned the car, and so I've expected this, but I've never had a car that gave off cracking noises from the windshield as constantly as this one does from the glass resettling and metal and plastic pieces expanding and contracting in the heat/cold. As the car starts to heat up on a drive it sounds like I'm getting pebbles in the windshield at speed every thirty or forty seconds.

Every car I've ever owned has done that, just this one seems more prominent.
YES.. this has been driving me nuts. I posted the same thing in a winter thread. The interior is much more noisy in the cold than anything I've driven before.

Sponsored

Noble-6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
YES.. this has been driving me nuts. I posted the same thing in a winter thread. The interior is much more noisy in the cold than anything I've driven before.

Mine has been doing the same thing in the cold temps up here in PA.

Blacksheep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I've had my car for a month and a half and put 280 miles in it. I haven't noticed and interior noises. Maybe cause I haven't been driven the car long enough to notice.

alimustafa23

alimustafa23
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustafa
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT blood red PP
I get that too.

There's a rattle coming from almost every corner of the interior:

-drivers side A/C vent
-dash trim rattles on far left, above steering column, in middle, and far right
-hidden passenger door rattle
-rear passenger mystery rattle
-subwoofer trunk squeak that I fixed by tugging at the insulation

The materials are great. The build quality is pathetic IMO.
You nailed it! Pretty much exactly same issues here

Droid_Junky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Mustang
I investigated the driver side trim/light switch noise today. I bought some plastic trim tools off of Amazon for less than $10 and managed to remove it in about five minutes. I've yet to test if what I did made a difference but thought others would want some pics on how to remove the dash.

1. The bottom trim piece that runs along the door just pulls right out. I just used the plastic tool to pry on one side.

2. Under that piece is one screw. I used a 7mm nut driver to remove it. (2nd pic)

3. I also removed the side of the dash with the door vent tube but I don't know that it was really needed. It's only held in place with some plastic clips. It did allow me to grab the trim/light switch piece a little better. It took a hard tug to pop it out.

4. Inspecting the light switch I've come to the conclusion it is the only piece that could be causing it. The dash piece was really seated. It has metal clips at the top and the 7mm screw and two other plastic clips hold it tight at the bottom. The light switch does wiggle inside of the dash panel. It is only held in place by four plastic clips. Pushing in on two clips at a time and the light switch falls right out. Three of the four clips have a straight edge to catch but the fourth one (shown in pic 3) for some reason has a slight cutout to it.

5. The only thing I could think to do was try and secure the light switch from wiggling around. I stuck a small screwdriver under the one clip and was able to slide a tie wrap behind it. I could not use the screwdriver to slide it behind the other three because they were much more secured so I wrapped it around the plastic that hold the two upper metal clips in place. The switch doesn't move at all now. (pic 4)

6. Snapped everything back together. Time will tell...
0321151223.jpg
0321151208.jpg
0321151211.jpg
0321151220a.jpg

Jake 87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT Premium
I investigated the driver side trim/light switch noise today. I bought some plastic trim tools off of Amazon for less than $10 and managed to remove it in about five minutes. I've yet to test if what I did made a difference but thought others would want some pics on how to remove the dash.

1. The bottom trim piece that runs along the door just pulls right out. I just used the plastic tool to pry on one side.

2. Under that piece is one screw. I used a 7mm nut driver to remove it. (2nd pic)

3. I also removed the side of the dash with the door vent tube but I don't know that it was really needed. It's only held in place with some plastic clips. It did allow me to grab the trim/light switch piece a little better. It took a hard tug to pop it out.

4. Inspecting the light switch I've come to the conclusion it is the only piece that could be causing it. The dash piece was really seated. It has metal clips at the top and the 7mm screw and two other plastic clips hold it tight at the bottom. The light switch does wiggle inside of the dash panel. It is only held in place by four plastic clips. Pushing in on two clips at a time and the light switch falls right out. Three of the four clips have a straight edge to catch but the fourth one (shown in pic 3) for some reason has a slight cutout to it.

5. The only thing I could think to do was try and secure the light switch from wiggling around. I stuck a small screwdriver under the one clip and was able to slide a tie wrap behind it. I could not use the screwdriver to slide it behind the other three because they were much more secured so I wrapped it around the plastic that hold the two upper metal clips in place. The switch doesn't move at all now. (pic 4)

Wow awesome post. I've had my car for THREE days and this rattle showed up. Nice to know there may be a DIY method. Thanks.

Sponsored

souprmage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP 50th Appearance
With the above description on removal, I was brave enough to try to fix my squeak last night. Mine only required removing the lower piece, it popped out pretty easy, but the lowest white clip popped off the piece in the process. It had me worried for a moment that I'd broken it, but the clip was fine and went back on with no problems.

All I did was take some electrical tape, and put 2 layers over the three areas where the white cloth is. Hoping that now the clips will be more firmly holding on.

I didn't notice any squeak this morning, so I'm hoping that fixed it.

Droid_Junky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Mustang
What I did seemed to improve it, but it is still occurring. I hit a rough road today and at first it squeaked for a split second two times in about a minute. A few minutes later it was almost continuous but sounded a little quieter than what it was originally. I still believe its the plastic of the light switch rubbing the metal of the dash panel.

I'm thinking of adding a layer of electrical tape to the edges of the inside dash panel and then snapping the switch back in place. Unless I don't get to it before taking it in for service.

EngineerDave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, 401A + Extras, 98 F-250LD
I thought I had this problem over the weekend, I kept hearing this rattling and I thought, "well great now I've got one of "those" mustangs." After spending 20 minutes pushing on everything near where the sound was coming from, I found out it was my backup sunglasses in the little storage bay ha. turned them so the metal bits were on the felt and everything was quiet again.

batman4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
Not this this helps but I too recorded the sound and agree it sounds like radiation or popping. This is a known issue so I'm assuming Ford will address this right? Are there other threads that have been posted on this topic?

batman4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0

Did your issue get any better with the fix?
Sponsored