Sponsored

Interior Noises

Potrillo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT Premium
The aluminum piece rattles/cracks on mine whenever I hit any bumps, accelerate, etc... and the rear right side (near the seatbelt) too.
I think this is my issue too. It isn't all the time, but when there is some vibration in the car, it rattles annoyingly.
Sponsored

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
Same problem here, where the aluminum meats the glove box rattles also the area under the steering column. I wonder if a silicon spray will help? Has anyone tried it?

rdycoss1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY Mustang GT Premium PP
Yep, I got the same rattle at the light knob area after two weeks... I will mention it at the first service...

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I created a thread about this in the general discussion forum before I found this, so I'll just paste it here. Here's my issue:

I have had my car for a week now, and it has about 250 miles on it (it's not a daily driver). It is a PP GT. While putting some highway miles on the car tonight, I noticed a sound coming from the back of the car, so I turned off the music, and I could hear a squeaking or squealing sound coming from what appears to be somewhere near the rear passenger side of the car. At first I thought it might be the back seats rubbing together, especially since the temperature went down (it was about 45 at the time), but I put the rear passenger seat down and it still made the noise. It seemed to get a little louder over the next 30-40 miles, and it has stayed at that volume. It is really pretty loud. Obnoxiously so, I would say... It only starts to happen at 50+ mph, and only is really constant around 60+ mph.

Any ideas on what it could be? I'm not exactly sure where it's coming from since it was just me in the car, and I could only check so much while driving. It sounds like it may be coming from either the wheel well, the back seat area, the trunk, or the rear glass/roof area. It's a pretty high pitched squeal or squeak. Almost like a high pitched squirt gun. Ugh. This is SO frustrating and annoying! I've been waiting for this car since November, and now this... It's really put a damper on my excitement for the new car because I'm so sensitive to car squeaks--they drive me nuts (especially when the car only has 250 miles on it...)!

Thanks for any help or advice!

Dat Boi Kumar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange Mustang GT
Driver Side by the headlight knob Rattles too. It drives me crazy.
[ame]

Last edited:

Sponsored

woofer196

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daren
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
I have the light knob rattle but I'm also starting to hear a rattle from the driver's side rear seat panel. I have the convertible - anyone else hearing something similar? I haven't been able to fool around with it because it is obviously behind me. I'm going to have to get someone to sit back there and figure it out.

McCringleberry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Performance Pack MT
I have the same noise in the videos and even took a video. Ford Service guys couldnt get it to make the noise, naturally. I emailed them my video and they said they have to hear it to fix it. Needless to say after them having my car for two days and not finding it, I gave up.

Was anyone able to fix it? Did the dealer giving you a new knob fix the issue?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0cVFfMACbkBUC15OXlmSzcxcEk/view?usp=sharing

Bay1Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic '15 V6 051a
At 1000 miles I'm getting a very annoying rattle at the passenger side around the glove box.

Blacksheep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I've noticed a slight rattling from the passenger door, almost sounding like the door is loose in its hinges, when I go over heavy pavement. I had the same thing pop up (but way worse) in my S197's driver-side door around 30,000 miles. Not thrilled that it happened at 500 miles. We'll see.
Superglue your passenger door and have your passengers enter the driver door. :cheers:

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
My dad's Ford had a bad rattle in the driver's door. The shop couldn't figure out what was wrong. A few years later the electric window motor died and they had to remove a door panel. They not only fixed the motor but removed a small metal wrench that had been left in the door panel since it was built.

Sponsored

argile2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
Is there any new developments on the Dash noise... I am starting to be annoyed by it.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I've noticed a slight rattling from the passenger door, almost sounding like the door is loose in its hinges, when I go over heavy pavement. I had the same thing pop up (but way worse) in my S197's driver-side door around 30,000 miles. Not thrilled that it happened at 500 miles. We'll see.
I get that too.

There's a rattle coming from almost every corner of the interior:

-drivers side A/C vent
-dash trim rattles on far left, above steering column, in middle, and far right
-hidden passenger door rattle
-rear passenger mystery rattle
-subwoofer trunk squeak that I fixed by tugging at the insulation

The materials are great. The build quality is pathetic IMO.

Endokendal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Ruby Red
Is there any new developments on the Dash noise... I am starting to be annoyed by it.
I reported it to my dealer and had them try to resolve it... But of course they couldn't get it to make noise and thus didn't do anything.:headbonk: It makes noise at least 50% of the time when I'm driving. :( I'm thinking I'll try to shove some thin cardboard down there between the dash and pillar. I'll let you know if that works.

argile2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
I reported it to my dealer and had them try to resolve it... But of course they couldn't get it to make noise and thus didn't do anything.:headbonk: It makes noise at least 50% of the time when I'm driving. :( I'm thinking I'll try to shove some thin cardboard down there between the dash and pillar. I'll let you know if that works.
For sure keep me posted... The weather were I live is supposed to be good this weekend so I will tinker a little too. I reported it to my dealer but did not take it in yet. I sent a PM to Ford service on here as well. I want to start the documentation trail.

I am also starting to think there are two problems...

1) The actual light switch. Maybe something inside the switch rattling. (This area makes the most noise)

2) The actual Aluminum Dash section. ( The noise happens in other areas )

Endokendal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Ruby Red
Yeah, others have said it is their light switch and still others complain about the aluminum dash. I'm fairly certain mine is the pillar/dash abutment. We'll see!
Sponsored