2015 Owners-Biggest Surprises/Disappointments so far

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
It flashes when the clutch is depressed before the start button is pushed.

Yeah, I don't get it either. It isn't a problem.
perhaps some just have really sensitive eyes. and i still haven't noticed it yet. ill keep an eye out for that light next time.

Eh, I've had 3 Honda's since 2005 and they were all very lackluster. And they ALL rattle very badly from the back deck.
ok yeah, i guess it depends on the manufacturer. my subaru's audio was terrible too. but i've noticed nissan audio, even base audio systems, are excellent. i remember back in 1996 in my brother's altima, it was awesome. my wife's last 2 nissan sentras have been excellent too. it blows away every audio system i've heard, even the high end BMW ones (even though most BMW audio ive heard are pure crap)
Sponsored

sandpiper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
I just bought a Mazda CX-5 Touring, which is the mid level trim, for my daily driver. The stock no name 6 speaker sound system rocks compared to the 9 speaker Shaker system in my Ecoboost Premium.

The audio system is the only disappointment.

Sc00ter

Sc00ter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow GT Premium w/50th Appearance
Disappointment so far:
- Leather top dash cover only comes with premier trim (seriously Ford? You can't explicitly call that out on the site?!)
- Spoiler delete that was meant to be included, wasn't.
- Probably should've gone with PP after all, good value for money.

Taking delivery in two weeks. Wondering if I should reject it and re-order (I've got that option, considering the sales rep didn't include the spoiler delete like I'd asked him to).
Spoiler's not too intrusive: don't know why people delete it. But you'll never regret getting the V8 after you take the car out the first time, and it's even better on a windy road than it is in the straightaways.. and it's a sub 5-second car. The only disappointments I've had are the plain floor mats and not doing the upgrade to maps on the Nav... which can't (or won't) be retrofitted by Ford.:confused:

thewiz8807

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT Premium
I can confirm, my 2003 Altima 2.5s had an amazing sound system. People used to think I had a sub-woofer in it it used to knock so hard.

thewiz8807

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I mean, how bad is the Premium's sound system on a scale of 1-10?

I didn't go with the Shaker Audio Pro system, I have the 400A 9 Speaker system with the Amp.

Car hasn't been delivered yet.

Sponsored

Sc00ter

Sc00ter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
take a road trip to long island and you can hear it in person :)

but i see you are in PA. CJ Pony Parts cant be far from you. im sure they install exhausts over there on a daily basis. their video is what sold me on the exhaust, among others.
American Muscle's 1/2 hour away from me in Malvern, too - they offered to let me stop up and listen, but they're only open weekdays until 5:00... I'm having trouble getting there.

sandpiper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium

I didn't go with the Shaker Audio Pro system, I have the 400A 9 Speaker system with the Amp.

on a scale of 10, its a 5. It doesnt sound bad. It just doesnt sound good. No volume from the rear deck speakers. Virtually no bass and very little channel seperation. It just sounds like a radio, not a Premium 9 speaker audio system.

cush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium with PP, Guard Metalic
So there I was at the gas station about 20 minutes ago, and as I'm putting my card in the pump this 10 year old kid comes up to me and says "excuse me sir, may I take a picture of your car".... of course I said sure go ahead. He took a couple pics and politely said "thank you sir". I've had quite a few people say nice car or cool car, and plenty of looks from other drivers as they went by or while at a stop, but that took the cake. This is just a cool car! nuff said! :headbang::thumbsup::hail::clap2::D

thewiz8807

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
on a scale of 10, its a 5. It doesnt sound bad. It just doesnt sound good. No volume from the rear deck speakers. Virtually no bass and very little channel seperation. It just sounds like a radio, not a Premium 9 speaker audio system.

Would throwing in a good sub-woofer improve it greatly?

Looking to keep stock speakers and amp.

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
So there I was at the gas station about 20 minutes ago, and as I'm putting my card in the pump this 10 year old kid comes up to me and says "excuse me sir, may I take a picture of your car".... of course I said sure go ahead. He took a couple pics and politely said "thank you sir". I've had quite a few people say nice car or cool car, and plenty of looks from other drivers as they went by or while at a stop, but that took the cake. This is just a cool car! nuff said! :headbang::thumbsup::hail::clap2::D
funny, i ran into an 50th AP GT when i was getting gas earlier too. got him on vid. i hope he doesnt mind.

[ame]

here he goes honking goodbye

[ame]

Sponsored

sandpiper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Would throwing in a good sub-woofer improve it greatly?

Looking to keep stock speakers and amp.
Not sure. I looked at the speakers on the rear deck and the magnets are about the size of a quarter. They look kinda weak.

I am probably going to swap out just the back deck speakers first and see how it sounds. I have an Ecoboost so I have heard that if you put in an amp, the canned motor noise piped into the stereo becomes a bit over powering.

Seabee1973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium/PP and 2006 F150 FX4
the door pocket is meant to house umbrellas

that flashing green light, never noticed. im only in my car when im driving.
I don't do umbrellas lol

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
yep, japanese cars have always had excellent audio
My Honda has an excellent system. 270W from the EX-L package, and I did have to dampen the sub mounts to the rear deck to stop it rattling, but otherwise it's extremely crisp and great sounding in the lows, mids and highs. That's one thing I'll definitely miss :(.

The rest of the S550 is so great that it outweighs that. Nothing the aftermarket can't help :).

Sc00ter

Sc00ter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)

The standard 9-speaker system in the Premium isn't a bad system: it's just lacking the Nth degree of detail that my tC had. If you don't have sensitive ears, you'll be perfectly happy with it.

OctopusWrangler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP & AP
Biggest disappointment for me seems to be the same as many others, the radio. I have a GT Premium with the Shaker Pro system, and it's simply underwhelming. Ford asks a lot of money for an upgraded radio that is anything but.
The left front dash rattle and body panel alignment issues are annoying, but overall this car is awesome. Truly amazing.
Sponsored