Sponsored

GT3 @ Le Mans

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
It's like that every year the battle in GT3 is usually very close in fact for that podium finish 3 cars were in contention and the 44 car managed to overtake the Iron Dames car at the 2nd to last pit stop in the pits as both cars stopped at the same time but 44 had more fuel in it and could short fuel the car. That was really interesting to watch. But was only possible to watch via the Live Timing app. And also the only car with OnBoard was the 77 car so after the steering rack issue was pointless to watch that onboard.
I'm lucky in that i can watch it on Eurosport and there was lots of in car footage but i missed a lot of the action early on. I was out for a fathers day meal so only saw the first half hour of the race then got home ish 11pm french time (full course yellow for the #93 punting the other car off the road) and watched til just after the #46 crashed out in the rain, think that was 1am so 10hrs into the race. Watched the last 3hrs of the race.
I think YouTube used to have a lot of the teams uploading live footage, streaming footage?? but i didn't get to see any of that this year.

Is it bad i liked the corvette..... Low slung bonnet line, sounded amazing and just looked good. The NASCAR with Jenson button last year was frikking awesome, ok it wasn't following the same rules (as per garage 56 allowances) but damn it got some good coverage.
Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Therefore I record the broadcast and FF through the commercials.
I don't believe I have seen more than a few seconds of commercials in almost forty years, Paul. Started with TIVO for DirecTV and never looked back.

Unfortunately, "they" are wising up to the issue and in some areas like "On Demand," they prevent you from FF'ing through the BS. Consequently, I'm worried about the day when they stop the practice altogether. Me thinks that will be sooner rather than later, too.

After having gone cable free for nearly a decade now, I simply cannot tolerate ads anymore. They're actually sickening...
They really are sickening, DQ.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
I just landed in Paris to find that we took P3 &4 in class. Honestly, not bad..... All things considered.
Not bad? It's a bloody miracle.

Sponsored

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
That's a stretch. It's a great car. They were strong going into it.
Incorrect. They've been really struggling in IMSA and WEC. If you can point to a previous finish that would hint at a LeMans podium, I'm all ears. They were able to have some pace with 1 car in qualifying, but it's their first year with this car. I promise you it's been a tough go.

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Very good. You have successfully achieved recognition of the blatantly bloody obvious.

This finish was not expected for them. Previous finishes would not have suggested they were in contention for a podium finish.

Thank you, that is all.

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Very good. You have successfully achieved recognition of the blatantly bloody obvious.

This finish was not expected for them. Previous finishes would not have suggested they were in contention for a podium finish.

Thank you, that is all.
I was about to to ask myself just what races they finished well this year, everything I recall was not good. Maybe supercar, but those aren't GT3s.

This is a development year for sure, and it's been a blast watching the progress. Personally I was hoping for more out of the Corvettes.

s2ms

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
1966 GT350 - 6S1757, 2017 GT350 - H3303
Aside from Saleen's effort I don't think there was ever a "factory" Mustang effort, and the Proton one was just Ford funneling through Multimatic, etc.
Besides Saleen, the only other Mustang I'm aware of that raced at Le Mans was in 1967, Belgians Claude Dubois and Chris Tuerlinckx drove a 65 R-Model GT350, 5R539, but completed just 58 laps.

Sponsored

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Personally I was hoping for more out of the Corvettes.
They had a pretty favorable BoP in the final year of GTE last year. The ACO doesn't let that happen 2 years in a row...unless the car is red.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
It is when it will beat street cars that cost twice as much (at least that’s what Ford is banking on as far as performance)
I dunno.. I think the 2024 Porsche 911 Turbo S would rip it a new one.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I dunno.. I think the 2024 Porsche 911 Turbo S would rip it a new one.
Guess we’ll find out soon enough. I would probably put my money on GTD at this point

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase