GT3 @ Le Mans

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
Most seem not to give af on this forum lol. I found this pretty exciting personally. Well I guess only comparison threads, oil threads, igniter tick or general arguments are what folks are after here

Last edited:

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
We are on the internet aren’t we. Lol I thought they did well, especially since one car got punted off the track. They’re a very new team and get the stuff ironed out. I’d be concerned if I was a euro brand. They’ll be coming for sure.

Most seem not to give af on this forum lol. I found this pretty exciting personally. Well I guess only comparison threads, oil threads, igniter tick or general arguments are what folks are after here

Last edited:

Darren M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT PP
Watched all day yesterday. (US Central time.) Called it quits after the 1+ hour safety car parade due to rain around 2300, or 0530 Le Mans time.
Loved watching the dash cam of the 77.
Great showing for the Mustangs. 3rd and fourth in class. Will be watching and talking WEC anytime. :)

Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
Going to Cota in Sept for the race? I’ll be there. Can’t wait.

Watched all day yesterday. (US Central time.) Called it quits after the 1+ hour safety car parade due to rain around 2300, or 0530 Le Mans time.
Great showing for the Mustangs. 3rd and fourth in class. Will be watching and talking WEC anytime. :)

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
This is the video that anyone that cares about the GTD/GT3 Mustang should watch. Larry Holt from Multimatic, is extremely comfortable here in breaking everything down.

Regarding cost...amortizing a run of only a few thousand cars, development, manufacturing, government mandated testing - gets pricey very quickly. Ford has their margin, as does Multimatic. 325k isn't a lot considering all of that. You can see where Ford/Multimatic spent the money and where the budget wasn't that great, ie, the interior. Car is a legitimate monster. I'd buy two if I could.

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
yeah I enjoyed the dash cam too. Those straight cut gears are sooo loud lol

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
Power train is a work of art. Body’s not bad either.

This is the video that anyone that cares about the GTD/GT3 Mustang should watch. Larry Holt from Multimatic, is extremely comfortable here in breaking everything down.

Regarding cost...amortizing a run of only a few thousand cars, development, manufacturing, government mandated testing - gets pricey very quickly. Ford has their margin, as does Multimatic. 325k isn't a lot considering all of that. You can see where Ford/Multimatic spent the money and where the budget wasn't that great, ie, the interior. Car is a legitimate monster. I'd buy two if I could.

sukhoi_584th

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Colorado, 2019 GT350, 2022 Mach-E
That was a great showing especially for the first time and with the constant rain. Sounded quite good, though the Cadillac hypercar was my favorite as well as both Lambo classes. We camped at Arnage and got up at 4 AM a bit surprised to find the Mustangs just plugging along in the rain behind the safety car. I'll post some pics and videos in this thread next week once I can go through everything.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I just landed in Paris to find that we took P3 &4 in class. Honestly, not bad..... All things considered.

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
Actually the guys says 70% of the engine in the GT3 is Coyote! its been bored and stroked to a 5.4.

Drivetrain, valves, crankshaft, seals, block, most of the heads from what I remember.
possibly the same engine base as the Aussie V8's which use a 5.4L. Different rules but still a Coyote style DOHC 5.4L v8 production derived as per the Supercars rules

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
https://www.supercars.com/the-gen3-supercars

Not gt3 spec but same coyote 5.4L starting point
Pretty cool seeing them on the track, be nice if Le Mans had shown the GT3 class racing each other rather than them being mobile chicanes for the overtaking hypercar class.
It's like that every year the battle in GT3 is usually very close in fact for that podium finish 3 cars were in contention and the 44 car managed to overtake the Iron Dames car at the 2nd to last pit stop in the pits as both cars stopped at the same time but 44 had more fuel in it and could short fuel the car. That was really interesting to watch. But was only possible to watch via the Live Timing app. And also the only car with OnBoard was the 77 car so after the steering rack issue was pointless to watch that onboard.
Sponsored