Looking for advise from current GT350 owners

Geodudes550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
S550 2018 Mustang GT Premium
If your budget is around 40-45k, Iā€™d be looking at Bullitts. Iā€™ve been similarly looking at 350s, Machs, and Bullitts lately with the mind to swap over if the deal is right.

There are some great 2019-2020 Bullitts to be had with more premium options than a ā€˜16 350 and with much lower miles. Probably not much warranty left but Iā€™d wager it would be much easier and cheaper to purchase one of those Granger ESPs on a 19-20 rather than a ā€˜16.
Machs are still high imo, especially if you want the HP one.

Personally, Iā€™d be looking more for 19-20 350s rather than older ones. Itā€™s already a potentially finicky engine, why start adding other aging issues into the fold is how I see it. A ā€˜16 is 8 years old and possibly needing less obvious things replaced in the near future. Things like alternators, master cylinders, fuel lines, water pumps, maybe wheel bearings, maybe struts/shocks. All that nonsense that isnā€™t a financial catastrophe like blowing a ring but it adds up quickly. I mean my ā€˜18 is getting up in age so Iā€™m already budgeting for these ā€œonce a decadeā€ operations yknow? Iā€™ve been burned on the olā€™ its a great deal but somehow I dropped another 3 grand on the car in the following 6 months and now itā€™s a wash kind of situation.

just my two cents as a dude whoā€™s been cruising autotrader for marquee Mustangs while taking a dump for almost a year now šŸ˜…

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
If your budget is around 40-45k, Iā€™d be looking at Bullitts. Iā€™ve been similarly looking at 350s, Machs, and Bullitts lately with the mind to swap over if the deal is right.
What about PP2 as an alternative?

ecoboost321

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R ; 2018 Tesla Model 3
Iā€™m looking to pick up a used Mustang. Somewhat driven by budget. Ideally I would like a special car like a GT350, or Bullittā€¦. Something numbered.
Machā€™s still seem to be a little high.
Anyway I found a GT350 locally on market place.
2016 with 58k miles Corsa extreme exhaust. Very well maintained, No oil consumption.
since this is the ā€œgen 1ā€ voodoo Iā€™m worried about reliability. I donā€™t want to get stuck with a paper weight. Iā€™ve seen all the buyers guides and YouTube videos but I really want to hear from actual owners. Is this something I should jump on or keep looking.

thanks in advance
Dom

As always, lots of good advice here. But consensus is if you want special car like GT 350, And Peace of mind with ownership, you have to pay to play. Ideally, 2019 to 2020 car would be best with factory warranty, however, a lower mile 2018 or older good with documented service history would be good purchase as well. Have you test driven one yet? That will help in your decision, As these are truly unique mustangs, and need to be experienced firsthand.

OP
OP

DFERA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dom
Vehicle(s)
93 VW Corrado, 71 Porsche 911
There is a sweet looking PP2 car in the classified section on here that I keep coming back to but logistically idk how to make that work at this point in time.

Sponsored

OP
OP

DFERA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dom
Vehicle(s)
As always, lots of good advice here. But consensus is if you want special car like GT 350, And Peace of mind with ownership, you have to pay to play. Ideally, 2019 to 2020 car would be best with factory warranty, however, a lower mile 2018 or older good with documented service history would be good purchase as well. Have you test driven one yet? That will help in your decision, As these are truly unique mustangs, and need to be experienced firsthand.
No not yet

Geodudes550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
S550 2018 Mustang GT Premium
Sure PP2 would be an alternative but they seem to be a lot harder to find so honestly they just slipped my mind. I think OP wanted a numbered marquee car though and I have no idea if those are marked.

OP
OP

DFERA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dom
Vehicle(s)
Sure PP2 would be an alternative but they seem to be a lot harder to find so honestly they just slipped my mind. I think OP wanted a numbered marquee car though and I have no idea if those are marked.
From what Iā€™ve researched the PP2 cars are not numbered but you are correct harder to find for sale than say a Bullitt or GT350.

lo-fi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT (Zero Options, Orange Fury)
What are you going to do if you're unlucky and the engine pops? Budget constraints and big modern V8s sometimes don't play nice. You have 15 to 25k to drop in an emergency? Can you fix it yourself?

Given you've stated budget is driving your purchase I'd skip a GT350 and find something else fun.

Nitrousfedlx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt pp/ 2015 Ford Escape
@DFERA if ur already using the words "worried" and "gamble" don't do it. I personally would hunt down a bone stock clean Bullitt or one of those two really nice PP2's on here. (I know their not numbered). There's a thread I think u should read on here about the 2018 GT350 that lost compression on number 8 cylinder with low miles. He said he drives the car hard but I figured the car was made for it and it failed. U really don't wanna make a $40-$50k financial mistake. Best of luck on ur hunt on whatever u decide man.

Sponsored

jbrocco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang GT
These motors are expensive...no warranty..pass..Everything can run great, and have everyone look at it..and then BOOM..!
If you're on a budget, then it sounds like you wouldn't want to pay for a new engine and install if it does blow up...I would get a GT and modify it and it still would be a great daily driver...

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
And for gt350 did they stop making the voodoo crate engine and it will be harder to come by to replace?

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
OP
OP

DFERA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dom
Vehicle(s)
IMO, I just don't think a GT350 is a good daily driver. Amazing car though
not looking for a daily, but you're probably right. I'm sure it would be fun at times and then a PIA others.
Sponsored