tdstuart

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
Figured out I had some of the values for the maf wrong. Kept pressing Ctrl+S which in every program means save but for some stupid reason pcm tec has it so the selected value will return to stock so I accidentally had some wrong values in the maf curve. Maybe that's why I was seeing some weird dips. I will have to relog with it corrected.
Sponsored

OP
OP
tdstuart

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
Here is an updated file I will be testing out tomorrow. MAF values have been corrected, hopefully this will fix the weird dips I was seeing.

File contains:
  • Updated tire circ so the speedometer is closer to correct
  • Updated fuel and injector data taken from roush for the lu47 injectors
  • Updated Idle speed to 750
  • Updated IMRC values to match 2018+ cars (I have a 2018+ intake manifold)
  • Updated MAF values provided from pmas website
  • Updated fan speed settings because car has a 170* thermostat

*Tune attached in .zip

Attachments

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
@tdstuart when you attempted to read Lund with hpt, did it read and save the file? And you just couldn’t open it? Or would it not even read? Do you have the file Lund sent you?

junits15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
MPs:
For every cam angle pair the VE of the engine is different, meaning there is different optimal spark, the speed density calculation is different, and the engine torque model is different.

Imagine this scenario:
Lock the cams to 0,0, run through the full load an RPM range and tune the car. Then lock the cams to 5,5 and take a log, there will be error in everything.

Fords (and many others') solution is mapped points. Each mapped point has a copy of every table that varies with cam angle, the car blends between them as it phases the cams when you drive. Your car is a Gen 3 right? So it will use the lower 14 MPs when the IMRC is closed at part throttle and the upper 14 when the IMRC is open.

This is constantly being calculated faster than you can perceive. it allows the engine to get 28MPG highway and also still make 460HP.

You have aftermarket cams, so I don't know how much of it will hold.

Last edited:
OP
OP
tdstuart

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
@tdstuart when you attempted to read Lund with hpt, did it read and save the file? And you just couldn’t open it? Or would it not even read? Do you have the file Lund sent you?
It just said it wouldn’t read. And ya I have the tune file but it’s for the ngauge

Sponsored

OP
OP
tdstuart

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
@engineermike @K4fxd
Fuel trims looked good enough on throttle I wanted to do a wot pull to test a theory, and my assumption was correct. The car is having the same issue as it had with the tuner that started the tuner cant tune car thread.

When going wot car is making less than half power by feel and by maf data. I attached 2 logs. Log 2 has the wot pull. Its in second gear when doing the pull.

If anyone else wants to take a look and chip in on what they think is going on or if you have other parameters I should log thanks! I want to note that neither Lund nor JPT had this issue so its clearly something that should be updated I just don't know what I am looking for.

Edit: Also fuel trims going very negative right on engine decel are still present. Is that something I can just update the maf curve for or is it something I will have to tune out somewhere else? Doesn't look like its constant with a certain maf period just constant on decel.

Attachments

Last edited:

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
Doesn’t Ford momentarily switch off injectors when off the throttle or when lifting to shift a manual trans ?

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Edit: Also fuel trims going very negative right on engine decel are still present.
That is probably DFCO, (Decel fuel cutoff) turn it off if you don't like it.

OP
OP
tdstuart

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
That is probably DFCO, (Decel fuel cutoff) turn it off if you don't like it.
I’ll look into that. Any thoughts on the major loss of power?

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Copy the red box
DFCO.png

DFCO1.png

Last edited:

K4fxd