Sponsored

Affordable Insurance

AMC401V8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT - 2000 Excursion - 1987 Swift DB2
If you daily drive your S550 this post probably isn't for you.

Having said that, recent increases applied to my insurance premiums have pissed me off. I love my S550 and have no intentions of selling it but I only drive it a few thousand miles a year. It spends it life indoors and I take it out and rip on it when the weather is nice and I have time.

I contacted Hagerty, widely known for providing policies for collector cars and similar. I input my information and received an instant quote that was half price as compared to my previous carrier. I submitted my request to purchase the policy and it was approved in less than an hour. The annual premium for a full coverage policy having $1000 deductible was $1500.

I've never had a policy with Hagerty prior to this one. I've no clue how efficiently they handle other aspects of their business but the ease of purchase, price and efficiency was very impressive. I was paying just over 3K annually with my previous carrier.

I'm just sharing my recent experience. If you aren't completely satisfied with your current insurance or think you might be able to do better, I recommend getting a quote from Hagerty. Hope this helps.

www.hagerty.com
Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
My insurance went up 30%. I called my broker and was told this is across the board.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Hagerty like other Collector car policies has fine print and provisions that the car cannot be used as a daily driverā€¦.

Just putting that out there because if thereā€™s an event claim these companies do investigate.

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Hagerty like other Collector car policies has fine print and provisions that the car cannot be used as a daily driverā€¦.

Just putting that out there because if thereā€™s an event claim these companies do investigate.
My M1 is not a daily driver but you also need to have the car in an enclosed garage. I am in an underground garage that is gated but they said that doesnā€™t count. If they find out you donā€™t and something happens to your car theyā€™re not gonna cover it. Once I move into my house Iā€™ll be putting that on Hagerty

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
My M1 is not a daily driver but you also need to have the car in an enclosed garage. I am in an underground garage that is gated but they said that doesnā€™t count. If they find out you donā€™t and something happens to your car theyā€™re not gonna cover it. Once I move into my house Iā€™ll be putting that on Hagerty
^^^
100% trueā€¦ cars on those policies must be in a locked enclosed garage.

Sponsored

robvas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Never been able to get a rate better than my regular insurance carrier from either Hagerty or Grundy

TEAsGrabber

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang Mach1
I pay less than $1500 a year with Allstate......daily mine....and ZERO deductibles

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Iā€™m with Encompass (Allstate subsidiary) and I pay $2,000 for 2 cars, including my Mustang which I daily. $500 deductible. The Mustang is higher than my wifeā€™s SUV, about $1,200. That includes a 15% increase that just hit on my renewal. Still the best price for me and I shop it every year.

Been with them for 20 years, I have my homeowners and umbrella with them also. So I get all kinds of multi-policy discounts, no accidents/driving violations, etc. And I can drive my car how much or little I want.

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Iā€™m with Encompass (Allstate subsidiary) and I pay $2,000 for 2 cars, including my Mustang which I daily. $500 deductible. The Mustang is higher than my wifeā€™s SUV, about $1,200. That includes a 15% increase that just hit on my renewal. Still the best price for me and I shop it every year.

Been with them for 20 years, I have my homeowners and umbrella with them also. So I get all kinds of multi-policy discounts, no accidents/driving violations, etc. And I can drive my car how much or little I want.
I squeaked under the January deadline with the big increases so Iā€™m expecting my next bill this month to increase so weā€™ll see what happens. If it goes up like Iā€™m not sure what Iā€™m gonna do with the M1. Iā€™m not gonna pay that kind of money for a car that I drive every other weekend.

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I squeaked under the January deadline with the big increases so Iā€™m expecting my next bill this month to increase so weā€™ll see what happens. If it goes up like Iā€™m not sure what Iā€™m gonna do with the M1. Iā€™m not gonna pay that kind of money for a car that I drive every other weekend.
I hear you. I managed to avoid them the last few years, only increased by maybe 5%. Renewal policy is effective this month and I was a little surprised when I got the renewal notice a few months ago. I shopped it pretty aggressively and itā€™s still the best rate out there for me. And I get to add a 16 year old in about a year šŸ˜¬

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I hear you. I managed to avoid them the last few years, only increased by maybe 5%. Renewal policy is effective this month and I was a little surprised when I got the renewal notice a few months ago. I shopped it pretty aggressively and itā€™s still the best rate out there for me. And I get to add a 16 year old in about a year šŸ˜¬
I like my Allstate guy and we chat a lot about the pricing and heā€™s the one who turned me on the Hagerty with the M1 but it didnā€™t work out. Iā€™ve already told him if this goes up like I think itā€™s gonna go up the M1 may go onto storage insurance but Iā€™m gonna drive it anyway to the stores like I always do on the weekends no long trips. Thatā€™s just my back up plan. Weā€™ll see.

Geodudes550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
S550 2018 Mustang GT Premium
Iā€™ve got progressive but have been with them a while. When I called to complain about the rate increase, they ā€œfoundā€ a discount which essentially cancelled out the raise. So far, they've been great to me.

Bdubbs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brady
Vehicle(s)
A handful
All 6 of our mustangs are insured through Grundy. They didn't raise any premiums this year for me. I like having an agreed value as well. In saying that though, I've never made a claim yet, but have been with them since 2014.

Like others have said, insurance rates have gone up not only on automobiles, but also house insurance. We have been dealing with this with American Family, who I've had insurance with since I was 17.