Sponsored

ESS Centrifugal Mustang Superchargers

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
I 2nd the Vengeance stage 2, although I haven't yet had the pleasure of driving it, but my buddy who owns the shop where I am doing my engine swap at has 35 years in the business and was very impressed with how stoutly built the unit was.

IMG_0901.jpg

IMG_0909.jpg

IMG_0913.jpg

IMG_0915.jpg
That's a weird looking torque converter.
Sponsored

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
There was a guy at the strip a few weeks ago with the license plate of ESSCEO.. He was running 9.5's.... I got lined up with him and ran a 10.9.. I expected him to dust me but when I got to the eighth mile he *finally* appeared to be taking off... He ran an 18... @75mph. With a 2 second reaction time... LOL @ that. (my buddy told me he just spun the tires and couldn't launch).

Tried to talk to the guy afterwards and find out what went wrong but he didn't want to give me the time of day. He was such an ass that as I walked away I mentioned oh yeah, I'm in the Roush car that just waxed your ass. He said "whatever" and rolled up the window. He's apparently their tuner but whatever. Learn to speak. Get out of the cubicle and figure out how to go on the 3rd yellow.

I bring this up because I WAS curious about the kit and they do have a local presence here. Now? No interest. If the guy is that big of an ass when asked questions about the product, I could care less about ever owning one.

<this post should be deleted but I'll leave it. Apparently he is not the tuner.>

Last edited:

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
There was a guy at the strip a few weeks ago with the license plate of ESSCEO.. He was running 9.5's.... I got lined up with him and ran a 10.9.. I expected him to dust me but when I got to the eighth mile he *finally* appeared to be taking off... He ran an 18... @75mph. With a 2 second reaction time... LOL @ that. (my buddy told me he just spun the tires and couldn't launch).

Tried to talk to the guy afterwards and find out what went wrong but he didn't want to give me the time of day. He was such an ass that as I walked away I mentioned oh yeah, I'm in the Roush car that just waxed your ass. He said "whatever" and rolled up the window. He's apparently their tuner but whatever. Learn to speak. Get out of the cubicle and figure out how to go on the 3rd yellow.

I bring this up because I WAS curious about the kit and they do have a local presence here. Now? No interest. If the guy is that big of an ass when asked questions about the product, I could care less about ever owning one.
More than you can afford pal, Ferrari....

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT

alright, confess! who got gapped?

TexasMetallic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2005 Ram 1500 4x4

How do you know this guy is even affiliated with them?

Sponsored

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP

daSNAK3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Why would his license plate say "ESSCEO" if he wasn't affiliated with them?
Couple quick thoughts that popped out.. could be a "funny" plate... maybe his car has a Procharger or similar supercharger and thought it be funny to say "he owns ESS"... or wants people to think he might be somebody "important"... i.e., is a poser

but we may never know.

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
I thought ESS was an over the pond company

Sponsored

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
I believe they started in Germany or somewhere round there but their US shop is out of AZ and that's where the mustang kits ship from.
Ok that would make more sense. Thanks for the info

Brevin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brevin
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT

I’m assuming the “420” part of your username means that you smoke a lot of weed. Because you were definitely high when you made up this little story of yours lol.

I’m the owner of the car you’re talking about. NONE of that stuff you mentioned happened, not even close. The only true portion of that nonsense was that we were in fact randomly paired with each other at a Friday night test and tune. I spun off the line and immediately aborted the pass. Your car ran an 11.79 @ 126.51 not a 10.9. I have it on video. Having aborted the pass I cruised through the traps at 64 mph. If you want to take that as W go right ahead lol. Probably your first win and it was by default. Congrats on running what NA cars run.

Clearly I was not concerned with my reaction time. It’s a test and tune, I’m racing the clock not the car next to me. I very much understand how drag racing works.. I’ve been racing and building cars for quite some time. But thanks for the tip.. go on 3rd yellow. Got it. You think I run 9.5’s in the 1/4 but don’t know how the tree works?? OK.

The rest of the story didn’t happen. You never told me that you “waxed me”. Simply did not happen. You’re making that up to sound “tough” on an Internet forum. I was never rude to you in any way shape or form. You asked me a few questions and I politely answered them. I was likely busy reviewing logs and making adjustments to the car. I was minding my own business. I literally didn’t know who you were. And I still don’t.

I am not the tuner at ESS.. don’t know where you got that info. I do not work in a cubical. All the more proof that you’re just making stuff up.

The plate “ESSCEO” is an inside joke with the owner of ESS. I represented the company for the last several years.

I’m confused as to why you feel the need to make all of that stuff up, lie about your time and then post about it. Someone clearly hurt your feelings and it wasn’t me. I remember you being a nice guy and had zero issues with our short exchange.

Last edited:

larr12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1
Let me get the popcorn
Sponsored