My Review of Wengerd Performance Tuning

jmagnus87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Magnus
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Comp Orange '22 Chevy Silverado
I just wanted to post my thoughts on my experience so far with Wengerd Tuning.
Ordered my RTD+ device it showed up in a day or two, watched his video as to how to set it up, had zero issues. Ran a baseline datalog before the tune just so he has it for future reference for any reason we may need to diagnose something to compare it to stock conditions.

Asked for a 93 pump gas tune for now before my supercharger, there's an upgrade discount to go to forced induction so it only cost me $100 extra to have peace of mind and know i can datalog with the device and have baseline info. WOW is all i can say, i've got more power delivery across all ranges and the car is MUCH easier/better to drive on a daily basis. But wait! there's more! i am now seeing an average 1.6mpg higher than i was. (only modification to engine related stuff is cat back exhaust/res delete) i still have a factory paper filter in the air box LOL and yes i'm still driving the car hard, and actually harder than i have before (on the street) to hit 7500rpm shifts. excellent tune! :muscle: The exhaust even sounds better and low rpm trudging around town is way better than before.

I have also had a bunch of dumb questions like 'can the BAP and 1050x injectors keep up with the GT350/87mmTB and ESS G2?' He has responded to every single question within a day and sometimes within 5 whole minutes. This guy is phenomenal and i highly recommend him for your custom tuning needs. I honestly wish i went with this street tune 8 years ago when i bought the car if that were possible because i would have had a lot more fun on the street every single day for 8 years, glad i got it now.
Sponsored

PleaseNotMe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT, '17 Aprilia Tuono, DRZ 400sm
I just ordered my g2 kit yesterday, but I'm at a crossroads between Lund and Wengerd. I've followed Wengerd's on3 Car since he started youtube but Lund has been around longer with an industry-leading reputation... What made you initially decide on Wengerd?

OP
OP
jmagnus87

jmagnus87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Magnus
Vehicle(s)
I'd like to see an actual log from his tune for WOT.
i think i need to set up the software on my laptop and plug that in and datalog to get you an actual graph myself, otherwise i think the RTD device just sends it to Wengerd. If i can figure that out soon, i'll pull a log for you, can only do a 3rd pull though, wont have room to do it in 4th.

OP
OP
jmagnus87

jmagnus87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Magnus
Vehicle(s)
I just ordered my g2 kit yesterday, but I'm at a crossroads between Lund and Wengerd. I've followed Wengerd's on3 Car since he started youtube but Lund has been around longer with an industry-leading reputation... What made you initially decide on Wengerd?
Brevin told me that Wengerd is really good about tuning for driveability. Also, Beefcake has had some issues with Lund and posted a big thing about them being vindictive. I dont have all the facts but that was enough to shy me away from Lund *shrugs*

found the thread for you
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...g-lund-tuning-after-9-27.180907/#post-3721536
I would like to point out that many people on here have good experiences with Lund, and by no means am i saying they are bad. Just want to make that clear, i'm just stating why i personally went with Wengerd and i'm very happy i did.

Last edited:

Sponsored

larr12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1
@Wengerd Performance is the man. He helped me, on a sunday, with my tune. It was my first time tuning the car and was having issues with the RTD+. He emailed me some videos and how to update the RTD firmware. A+

ZXMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Why would you like to see a log?
Im seeing some knock on mine that you did, and wanted to see what his looked like. My car doesnt apparently like 32.5* of timing all the time. I was holding off sending you a log I got of it, but its got to be very unhappy if its pulling +3.0 of KR at WOT on full E... We can take this off line, and I can send you my log I got.

Wengerd Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wengerdperformance.com
First Name
Derel
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Whipple 15 Mustang GT TT 18 F150 VMP ODIN
Send it over. E85 should not have any retard at all unless its false knock at least being N/A. I dont have your order number off hand as i dont recognize the username but if we reviewed your logs previously there wouldnt have been any kr as we would have seen it.

The final spark calculation varies based on many factors. IAT, Lambda, Coolant temp,VCT positioning ect. Sensors are designed to detect a specific frequency for detonation. Often adding headers ect or other aftermarket parts and them touching something will trigger a false signal.

ZXMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
There wasnt any knock when it was 90* and I was datalogging WOT for you. But then two days later when it was 70* out and the DA was much lower, it was very unhappy.

Sponsored

Wengerd Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wengerdperformance.com
First Name
Derel
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Whipple 15 Mustang GT TT 18 F150 VMP ODIN
That would sound like false knock being its inconsistent. Send over a log and I can take a look.

I have thousands of logs of these NA on E85 and you will rarely see detonation on E85 NA. But in a few cases i have seen it but a new tank of e85 solved it.

Knock sensors do just that prevent detonation. Ive even seen stock mustangs pull timing from the sensors. Thats exactly what they are designed to do .

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Im seeing some knock on mine that you did, and wanted to see what his looked like. My car doesnt apparently like 32.5* of timing all the time. I was holding off sending you a log I got of it, but its got to be very unhappy if its pulling +3.0 of KR at WOT on full E... We can take this off line, and I can send you my log I got.
Man I wish I could run the much timing! 🤔 I would have so much power I’d probably burn the wheels off!!
On a side note send the man a log like he has already stated. He is your tuner and has your best interest at hand with a great but yet safe tune!

OP
OP
jmagnus87

jmagnus87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Magnus
Vehicle(s)
...and everyone can see exactly what i mean above^^ as long as he knows about it, he will absolutely dig into whatever you need to get it fixed and make the tune right for your specific needs. which is the entire point of custom tuning.

comparing my 93 log to an e85 log i don't see how that would help at all. i don't know what my degrees of timing are, but i certainly hope they're not that high haha

ZXMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Man I wish I could run the much timing! 🤔 I would have so much power I’d probably burn the wheels off!!
On a side note send the man a log like he has already stated. He is your tuner and has your best interest at hand with a great but yet safe tune!
Log just sent.
Sponsored