You are a fool if you street race

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I'm in my 20's. I'm around this stuff all the time unfortunately. The culture around sports cars nowadays is tied to peoples ego. Here in ABQ we had a guy in his 40s racing and hit a bus full of school kids. Luckily no deaths but some injuries. The problem is a lot of people buy these things for an identity purpose rather then for the love of the car/culture. People wanna be the fastest to prove something their lacking at home or in their lives. At the end of the day it really doesn't matter someones always gonna be faster.....
This right here. Everyone has to prove something now instead of just enjoying what they have.
Sponsored

markayash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
About 19 years ago i was on a deployment in Iraq and a buddy back home was killed when their car was hit by two people street racing. He and his wife were in the back and another couple was driving/up front. He was ejected and died instantly. It still bothers me i wasn't able to go to the funeral. Dude had everything going for him, just got married, just got promoted, just bought a house. The guys that were racing didn't stop and they never found them.

I had a 1987 monte carlo SS at the time i swapped a beefed up 350 into. I always street raced...anyone...never turned a race down. Just being a dumb 20 year old airman. After that happened ive never done it again. Sure i drive fast lol, but dont race and do stupid shit like weaving in and out of traffic at speed anymore.

Ive also found the fast of a car I have the less i feel i need to prove something lol. Once i put my supercharger on my Mustang i was like, im good now lol. Something funny about driving the speed limit in the right lane with a 700+ hp car just chilling lol. People try to start races and im like...not even worth my time and gas just to beat you.

Edit: funny story, i was friends with the guys wife even before they met and after he died she used some of the insurance money to get fake tits lol. The ways some people grieve i guess.
Thank you for your service and sorry you missed the funeral. You guys/gals gave/give up sooo Much to protect this country!!

vaeevictiss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Also to add to this, takeovers are stupid as fuck too and do nothing but tarnish the car community even more.

5550snotamerc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
s550 eco convertible auto
I wish this would stop and it seems some of the local municipalities are behind a good amount of the closings. If they would only take the time to understand that while yes tracks tend to be loud, they give people an outlet to push their cars in a controlled environment vs out on the streets.
It seems trivial in light of the reason for the thread, but I'll add that the "runoffs" on the street are uniformly terrible. Ditches, rocks and cliffs out west, trees and fences in the east, and buildings everywhere. Bring back the tracks.

BlkMach10510

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
Wasn't there a law that if you were caught street racing, your car was crushed? If it is gone, it should be brought back.

Sponsored

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Wasn't there a law that if you were caught street racing, your car was crushed? If it is gone, it should be brought back.
Wellllll.....too many people don't actually own their cars. Lots of lending institutions would have an issue with that.

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
Just had a BMW SUV trying to get me to race. Man GTFO here. I enjoy letting them take off then when they let off and I catch up to them I hit my emergency flashers as if I won :like:

First Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Mach1
Imho street racing requires you to focus on so much details that it becomes too dangerous. Hard enough in controlled environments, add unpredictable road hazards and you're setting up for a catastrophic disaster. In addition, the other car could turn into you if it loses traction or vice versa. Lastly, you can never assume the other driverā€™s competence to be equal to yours. I agree that youtube, tictok and movies are glamorizing it which doesnā€™t help.

OP
OP
Mikepol2

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
This is just like the poo-poohing that my post on this accident got in other threads. And probably the kind of rationalizing the guy was doing as he was going 107 in a 40 before he smashed into that school van.

BlkMach10510

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
I wonder how many people think that they drive safe even when exceeding the speed limit, course it must be the other driver's fault on the rode not the one exceeding the speed limit. It is always someone else's fault or easy to blame things like movies and video games. People should take responsibility for their own actions and actually start thinking for themselves.

Sponsored

BlkMach10510

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
Hmm, be interesting if you show the percentages for at, below, and above so everyone on the forum can see the difference.

1emglenn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eugene
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 A10 Roush phase 2
I am glad I have grown out of that. I just set them up for a race but then let them take off. There is always someone faster now days and those damn toasters Tesla's are really fast.

Speaking of Tesla's those damn things are too fast and lots of people that get them are just looking for an economy vehicle but suddenly they step into a high performance vehicle. I am sure that is NOT helping the problem. At least in Cali everywhere you look is a damn Tesla, those damn teenagers that get it is the worst.
I'm over here in the Coachella valley. Saw on the news that there is a recall for all the Tesla's, 20 million of them. Well, I see so many of them around here that I've got to believe that SoCal must have 90% of all Tesla's made. I mean every time I go to the store I see hundreds. Most don't have a front license plate which DMV is telling the rest of us that we must have. Tesla's and BMW's... don't mean to stereotype but their drivers seem to think a lot of themselves. They are also the one's that try to coax me into a little speed demonstration. I don't go there.

FlatRock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N0404
There is no time, place, or reason for racing a vehicle on public streets. I am a firm believer of besides facing legal consequences, the persons involved should have their vehicle seized, their license revoked for 5 years, and forced to speak to teenagers about the consequence of their action. I have never done it, never will, and could care less what some ass hat who wants to race thinks of me or my car.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
WTF does that even mean? We are a country based on laws. Going 130mph is BREAKING THE LAW. Just because nothing has happened to you doesnā€™t mean it canā€™t or wonā€™t. Donā€™t like the speed limits? Lobby your local legislators. Freedom = responsibility, not do whatever the fuck you want just because you think you can or because you donā€™t like or agree with a certain law.

I wish people would stop with the whole tyranny bullshit. What we have here is nowhere close to that, no matter how much we disagree with certain legislation. Look at N Korea, Russia, China, etc. THAT is what tyranny looks like.

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
Back in my younger days, street racing meant finding an empty street late at night where there was no chance of any other traffic or innocent bystanders. Everyone there knew why they were there and the risks involved.
this, times eleventyā€¦those were the days, hell even the cops KNEW where we were and what we were doing but left us alone unless it became a crowd šŸ˜‚
Sponsored