xpel cost

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
But your film edges butt up against the mirrors, spoiler, and you have cutouts for the badges, grilles, etc.
My installer removed my badges. He said they were a PITA to get off without breaking. I would not want them to go around the badges. That will be yet another place for dirt to collect.
Sponsored

Tuckabuckaway

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Edge, Escape, Flex, Mag GT350 Tech
1600 in PA for the whole front end, rockers, Mirror covers and full 30% tint. Very impressed with the way it turned out
Kudos...That's way below market if it's Xpel Ultimate (not to mention tint that's $300+ in most places). Just film cost for full front end back to A pillars is about $1800. Rockers and rear impact is another $520 just for film.

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
My installer removed my badges. He said they were a PITA to get off without breaking. I would not want them to go around the badges. That will be yet another place for dirt to collect.
Got the same comment from my installer. They did a great job in the end.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Kudos...That's way below market if it's Xpel Ultimate (not to mention tint that's $300+ in most places). Just film cost for full front end back to A pillars is about $1800. Rockers and rear impact is another $520 just for film.
I went with Suntek. I read tons of reviews and that was my choice. The XPEL was the same price but not for the ultimate. In my view, both XPEL products are easier to see on a car. Ultimate may provide the best protection but that is some thick stuff. Reminded me of my grandmothers clear slip covers on her sofa. XPEL maybe self heals better but i simply did not care for the look. YMMV.

Sponsored

mikeylikesit

Engineer and Gearhead
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' GT350, 99' LFX Miata, 16' MX-5 Club
$2200 for Full front including lights, both rockers, and door cups

OP
OP

MCarsFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Does this car need the door to be wrapped as well in addition to the rear quarter panel given the lower rocker panels catching so many small rocks and stones?

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Does this car need the door to be wrapped as well in addition to the rear quarter panel given the lower rocker panels catching so many small rocks and stones?

It's personal preference but I did not cover my doors. Most previous damage on my old car was bumper, hood and mirror covers. I did the fenders as I wanted the whole front end to match. I also did the rockers but with the side skits, I don't suspect the rockers will take much damage.

mikeylikesit

Engineer and Gearhead
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' GT350, 99' LFX Miata, 16' MX-5 Club
It's personal preference but I did not cover my doors. Most previous damage on my old car was bumper, hood and mirror covers. I did the fenders as I wanted the whole front end to match. I also did the rockers but with the side skits, I don't suspect the rockers will take much damage.
Same here. Seems like enough protection in the FOD critical areas and for half the cost of wrapping the whole car. Logically this makes the most sense to me. I just covered the entire car with opti-coat after installing xpel, and I don't have to worry about a thing. :D

Sponsored

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Same here. Seems like enough protection in the FOD critical areas and for half the cost of wrapping the whole car. Logically this makes the most sense to me. I just covered the entire car with opti-coat after installing xpel, and I don't have to worry about a thing. :D

Agree. I covered everything, including the PPF, with Wolfgangs Uber Ceramic Coating once I got my car back.

Spacebird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R

jonesd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt350
Houston - Xpel Ultimate clear bra + mirrors and headlights for $899

Another $1100 for cquartz finest.

OP
OP

MCarsFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I dont understand some of these numbers.

The full front xpel ultimate, just parts alone, costs $1400 or so (bumper, hood, quarter panels, mirrors).

I think some of you are thinking all clear bra brands are the same or your installer is doing it for free?

You can go to xpel.com and choose gt350 as your car and see how much it costs for each. The price there is parts alone excluding tax and shipping.

On that note, I see that there are different prices for with and without stripes. What exactly does that mean? The xpel doesnt cover the stripe? So its cut in shape of the body except the stripe? I hope thats not the case because I want to protect my stripe as well:)
Sponsored