Sponsored

X-Pipe vs H-Pipe

Steeeliskt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Manual
I currently am running the FRPP Sport catback which utilizes an X pipe. In my previous Mustangs, I always ran an H pipe and always liked the sound better than the X pipes. thinking back, the H pipe on the previous generation would delete the cats so I was running straight pipes which sounded amazing but now that the cats are on the headers, I am wondering if there will really be that much of a sound difference if I were to switch my midpipe for an H.

Has anyone had an X or H and swap it for the other and can comment? Maybe some videos?
Sponsored

Higgs Boson

Detonation Denotation
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350R
H-pipe - throaty but farty
X-pipe - exotic but raspy

you have to pair either with the right mufflers or you will get the drawback rather than the benefit (sound wise).

best thing you can do is buy them all and return the ones you don't like.

OP
OP

Steeeliskt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Manual

you have to pair either with the right mufflers or you will get the drawback rather than the benefit (sound wise).

I can understand throaty vs exotic... but I don't understand the difference between farty and raspy. Unless you mean Farty like a fart can on a Honda Civic or some BS like that.

OP
OP

Steeeliskt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Manual

Also... running a system long enough to really hear the difference.. I would think present noticeable signs of use which would make them non-returnable?

Sponsored

blue15gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Blue GT Premium auto
Here is a good H pipe with stock mufflers clip from StrongFord

Higgs Boson

Detonation Denotation
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350R
I can understand throaty vs exotic... but I don't understand the difference between farty and raspy. Unless you mean Farty like a fart can on a Honda Civic or some BS like that.
farty sounds like the sound waves are deeper and running into each other and forcing their way through the pipes. more blatty but not in a good muscle car cam way.

raspy is higher pitched and sounds like the pipes themselves are rattling/ringing like they are made of tin or something loose in the muffler.

NEED2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT base PP Borla s-type H pipe
[ame]https://vimeo.com/147662279[/ame]

Borla s-type with H pipe. Mine doesn't sound like a fart can. Most people say it sound like a old muscle car.

[ame]https://vimeo.com/147662532[/ame]

This is my old MBRP street with H pipe. I don't hear this system making fart noises.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wally-Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wally-Bob
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem PP 50AP
Stainless Works has a sales video for their system;

URL=www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0PYj0AErMs

At 1:45 into the video is where the sound demonstrations begin.
Changing only the cross over pipe and keeping everything else the same is what you need to hear only the X vs. H pipe sound difference.

Sponsored

Higgs Boson

Detonation Denotation
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350R
https://vimeo.com/147662279

Borla s-type with H pipe. Mine doesn't sound like a fart can. Most people say it sound like a old muscle car.

https://vimeo.com/147662532

This is my old MBRP street with H pipe. I don't hear this system making fart noises.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I didn't say it sounds like a fart "can", those are on 4 cylinders and the GT doesn't sound like a 4 cylinder.

When you clip the recording ability of your microphone it doesnt sound like anything except just loud. No detail.

I think it only sounds farty at low RPMs, once you get above maybe 2500 or 3000 it smooths out pretty good.

Koncealed

Koncealed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
https://vimeo.com/147662279

Which H-Pipe are you running? Also, can you post a video of a pull from the outside? I want to swap an H onto my atak catback, not sure though.

NEED2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT base PP Borla s-type H pipe
Running lethal performance H pipe. I will try and get a outside video by the end of the weekend.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Here's a video of just the Lethal Performance H-pipe installed, and rest of the exhaust system is bone stock. This is what I'm looking for too ... not real loud, but does give the stock exhaust a deeper sound with some increased volume when you're getting on it.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Running lethal performance H pipe. I will try and get a outside video by the end of the weekend.
Are you running just the H-pipe with stock mufflers? If so, how is it when just cruising normally on the highway? I'm assuming it's really not much louder unless you really get on the throttle.

Also, how was the weld quality and fit to the stock system on the Lethal Performance H-pipe?
Sponsored

Last edited: