Sponsored

Would You Buy It Again?

Steve44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP
I asked this question about a year ago on this forum...interested to hear responses now from all the new forum members, and those that have now owned an S550 for a while. Would you buy this car again? Simple question, but a great measure of loyalty, etc...

For me, yes absolutely I would buy it again. The combination of looks, performance, refinement, and value make this a no brainer choice for me that I would do again in a heartbeat. No car is perfect, but the pros significantly outweigh the cons IMHO :cheers:
Sponsored

Falconetti

cash me outside howbow da
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1, 1994 SVT COBRA
yes, maybe one that was cheaper, not fully loaded. but this is based on finances, if had had a base model I would have a power adder by now. so to simply answer the question, yes, this car is awesome.

RobbieFrazier

Captain Quality
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robbie
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem PP DIB; 2022 M1 Prem 700A HP EG
I'm eight months into ownership and can't wipe the grin off my face every time I'm in it. I would absolutely buy this machine again.

ConspicuousConsumption

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP MT, Explorer ST
As far as the car goes, yes definitely I would buy again. It's the best value in performance and daily comfort. As far as my bank account and savings goes, definitely regret buying it and my 2014. I was saving so much so quickly in anticipation of buying one, and then with down payments and monthly payment and insurance and VA personal property taxes, my cash flow is crummy. Definitely didn't stretch my budget, but this isn't a cheap enterprise.

GTBOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT, Royal Crimson, 10 speed, Active Exhaust
Vehicle Showcase
I would probably buy another, most likely an automatic

Reactions: DGM

Sponsored

TikiGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I absolutely would again but I wouldn't sign the paperwork till all the body panels and such were aligned/gapped properly. Would also splurge for the 401A. The 400 is just missing the base bump it should have. Oh and spoiler delete.....

GManAZ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
I will have owned my 2015 TriYellow Eco for a year on the 21st, and although it was not the best financial decision of my life, (just bought a new business two weeks before), I would do it again in a heartbeat. I have enjoyed this Mustang more than any purchase I have ever made. Still love it as much as the day I drove it home!
stang4.jpg

paul123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
base GT :thumbsup:

with some extra savings, just in case I need S/C :headbang:

Armen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange Vert
Yup. No complaints. Love the way the auto is programmed in these 550's.

Alternatively, I'd love a GT350, but that's out of my ballpark up here in Ontario.

Sponsored

MATT1971

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost PREM PP
After five months of ownership, I can honestly say NO, I would not buy the car again. I didn't want to purchase a GT this time around (largely due to the non availability of the PP). While I enjoy the lighter weight and overall better balance of the EB over the GT, it is underpowered in stock form, the stock intercooler is inadequate in size and cooling ability and the exhaust note (minor, in my opinion, in comparision to the power and intercooler issues) is under whelming to say the least...no matter what after market CB is installed. Now, I know I can tune the car, add an intercooler (and a downpipe) and a CB to address all of these issues (mostly) but, I didnt drop 29K on a car to immediately void my warranty. I will keep the EB, and keep it stock, with the hope of Ford offering the GT in 2017/2018 with the PP and an automatic transmission. The GT, with the PP, will have plenty of power for my daily driving, and occasional spirited driving, without having to void my warranty with the installation of an aftermarket tune and an intercooler.

Last edited:

skeeter

MAGA
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bradford
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP TY
Yea, pretty good bang for the buck. Tho mods are needed.

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 350 Lead-foot grey
13 months and 4500 miles. Yep. Sure would!

Had an '11, which I loved, a '13 which I loved more, and now this one. I can't imagine Ford making it better. Other than the GT 350, of course.

The independent rear and the interior upgrades are the biggest things. The looks come 2nd.