MTWINN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
I agree with what others have posted.

1. Insist on a discount for the GT350. If it was sitting on his lot and got hit with hail, he would be selling it at discount.

2. Have the dealer repair the hail damage with the understanding that this will not show up on CarFax.

If dealer doesn't agree, then walk. He will have to file insurance claim, fix the damage, and then try to find someone to buy it for over sticker knowing that it's got hail damage and is on record. good luck with that.
Sponsored

ddub68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT350
As they already indicated they stand a chance of spending $200 of their own money to fix it and make a lot more selling to someone else.
I must have missed that part. $200 of PDR would amount to a handful of dents max. If that's the case, that's very minimum damage.

The whole part about it being 100 miles away and being repaired in a rail yard... Dafuq?

The time it takes to fix depends on when it's n line to be fixed. Once they start, they can knock out the PDR in a day, two tops if it's hammered. If there are 500 cars to be fixed at that site...it could be a while if yours is at the back of the pack. :shrug:

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
As you can see in my signature, I ordered my GT350 in late AUGUST of last year. I bought another fun car while patiently awaiting this one which should have came around new years as my dealership first said, then changed to the March/April window.. only to be coming now in early June

That's about.. 10 months waiting. (one of the longest I've seen for a car that wasn't botched on delivery)

I finally see a few weeks back, my car was built. FINALLY. ECSTATIC.

I get a phone call this morning..

"Sir, it seems that while passing through Montana, it got hit by a hail storm with nickel sized hail and there is damage on the car and will require paintless dent removal. ":frusty::frusty::frusty:

Now they offered me two options;

1) Get the guy to fix the dents via Paintless dent removal (couple weeks he said) and deliver per the $1000 over MSRP as promised.

2) Give me back my $1000 and move on.

He also mentioned that other dealers are charging 10k over MSRP (not sure what that had to do with anything)

What would you guys do?

For a second, I had a feeling he was trying to pass up my deal to get the car sold to the next biggest bidder... :shrug:

I mean, I could fly over for 150 bucks there and check out the damage in person (whenever it gets to the dealership)...

I asked for pictures of the damage, so we'll see what he says when he gets back to me.

tldr;

-I wait 10 months for GT350.
-During transit, it gets hailed on to the point of damage.
-FML.
Sorry but, since Tech I'd move on to a 2017.

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
I've had PDR done on other cars. Not a big deal.

Honestly it's not the dealers fault your car got hit by hail. They can't control the weather and if I were them I wouldn't take the hit for something that happened to a car that wasn't even in my possession. Don't get caught up in people here expecting the world from their dealers. Your going to end up heart broken or without a car.

Let them handle the PDR and continue your deal. As they already indicated they stand a chance of spending $200 of their own money to fix it and make a lot more selling to someone else.
If the dealer is telling the truth.

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
I might see if they'd honor the same $1000 over on a 2017 model. Let them sell the 2016 @ the $10,000 markup that they say is so common.

In the meantime I'd plan on flying out to review the 2016 when it arrives at the dealership all fixed up. If it looked fine maybe I'd just take it.

-T

Sponsored

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
If you are doubting them, ask for a photo that includes the VIN through the windshield, and is framed to also show hail dents on the hood. Then you will know that it is your VIN.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I call BS. Something just seems shady. He's suggesting that a car damaged in route just stops at some rail yard and waits for someone else to come fix it? Who coordinates that? They are going to fix it anyway (if it's actually damaged) so I'd definitely do as 50 Deep suggests - continue on. I bet it will be there faster than expected and you will not be able to tell it was damaged :)
It was damaged during transport so I am guessing its up to the transport company (or their insurance) to repair it.

There are hundreds of thousands of cars transported and sold every year, I'm guessing this is not all that uncommon.

GoBlues38

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Premium, 3.55, 20" Foundry, 6 Spd
local ford dealer has 4 GT 350's

web site has NO ADR listed.

Bommarito Ford in Hazelwood Missouri

OP
OP
VoodooV8

VoodooV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I agree with what others have posted.

1. Insist on a discount for the GT350. If it was sitting on his lot and got hit with hail, he would be selling it at discount.

2. Have the dealer repair the hail damage with the understanding that this will not show up on CarFax.

If dealer doesn't agree, then walk. He will have to file insurance claim, fix the damage, and then try to find someone to buy it for over sticker knowing that it's got hail damage and is on record. good luck with that.

I will ensure I do not get pinged on CarFax for this.

I already have a very late 16' MY GT350.. I do not want to also have lowered value for something that happened before I ever took delivery.

I'll call again tomorrow and figure it out.

Sponsored

rahtid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
You're not the only one with bad luck. My R was stolen right after it was built. Now I have to wait for a 2017 model.

oregongt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE, 1967GT Fastback S code,
As you can see in my signature, I ordered my GT350 in late AUGUST of last year. I bought another fun car while patiently awaiting this one which should have came around new years as my dealership first said, then changed to the March/April window.. only to be coming now in early June

That's about.. 10 months waiting. (one of the longest I've seen for a car that wasn't botched on delivery)

I finally see a few weeks back, my car was built. FINALLY. ECSTATIC.

I get a phone call this morning..

"Sir, it seems that while passing through Montana, it got hit by a hail storm with nickel sized hail and there is damage on the car and will require paintless dent removal. ":frusty::frusty::frusty:

Now they offered me two options;

1) Get the guy to fix the dents via Paintless dent removal (couple weeks he said) and deliver per the $1000 over MSRP as promised.

2) Give me back my $1000 and move on.

He also mentioned that other dealers are charging 10k over MSRP (not sure what that had to do with anything)

What would you guys do?

For a second, I had a feeling he was trying to pass up my deal to get the car sold to the next biggest bidder... :shrug:

I mean, I could fly over for 150 bucks there and check out the damage in person (whenever it gets to the dealership)...

I asked for pictures of the damage, so we'll see what he says when he gets back to me.

tldr;

-I wait 10 months for GT350.
-During transit, it gets hailed on to the point of damage.
-FML.
Have them fix it or pay ADM 5,000-10,000 if you can find the color and type of car your looking for.

Rogue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 Carrera S, Boss 302 Laguna Seca, Jagua
Dealer says it has to be fixed off site from dealership.....RED FLAG! Defintely review photos of the car before they fix it.

elmn8r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT-350 H0124 - Race Red
I know a bit about rail transport of vehicles. The auto racks that transport vehicles completely cover the vehicles. Not likely that hail damage could occur while actually in transport.

The "area with 500+ cars" is most likely the auto ramp where the car was offloaded off the train and is the most likely place where it got damaged. It would be HIGHLY unusual for repairs to be made at that location and also mean the 500+ cars would need repair. The way rail freight claims work, repair at that facility would be unlikely.

I don't suppose you have a VIN number do you? I could possibly trace it and see the timeline of vehicle movement by rail and see its current transport status.