Sponsored

With all the mod happy people around here I was wondering.

x_man586

Thank you Diatoms
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White Mustang GT m6
How many people here are like me and the only money I spend on my car is the monthly payment. Sure I think the exhaust is lacking and there are some aftermarket goodies I have my eye on but $500 a month is all I can comfortably spend. Plus my wife is an accountant.
Sponsored

SINBUSTER007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
19 Edge ST, 17 Escape, 12 Boss, 15 GT, 66 V8 Coupe Auto, Kids Boss 302
Mod ding is not a necessity. Do what you can afford or not do. I don't go overboard with things. Maybe stripes and exhaust are most I do. If you have extra cash at Christmas to get exhaust then go for it.
The average person does nothing but drive it. Don't sweat it.

madweazl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
How many people here are like me and the only money I spend on my car is the monthly payment. Sure I think the exhaust is lacking and there are some aftermarket goodies I have my eye on but $500 a month is all I can comfortably spend. Plus my wife is an accountant.
I always think I'm gonna leave well enough alone but that never happens. GTO last 2000 miles until the first mod, '12 GT lasted 130 miles and one day, and the '15 made it 413 miles :lol:

JGonvardi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP CO
I'm an accountant too and I have put everything I wanted on mine with the exception of a tint. I saved for the car so it I don't worry too much about it...

Adaraas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
16 Premium GT, 17 Laramie Cummins
I always think I'm gonna leave well enough alone but that never happens. GTO last 2000 miles until the first mod, '12 GT lasted 130 miles and one day, and the '15 made it 413 miles :lol:
I've had mine for two weeks on saturday, and by christmas it'll have turbos on it:headbonk:

Sponsored

fordsvtparts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang parts!
And this is the reason I personally don't own a Mustang :lol: Working at a dealer would only feed my "habit", looking for the next fix.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Well it depends on the size of the mod. I can cough up some axle backs but for supercharger is gonna be long before I pay it off.
Plus I had half down. Maybe if had all of it financed I could get all the mods I want.

jefc73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff GTFO_0019
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
And this is the reason I personally don't own a Mustang :lol: Working at a dealer would only feed my "habit", looking for the next fix.
Mike just sells all of us parts at a great deal so we are all in debt! :lol:

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
There are a ton of people who keep them stock, I think probably forums like this have a bad sampling since there's so many tech/mod topics (that attract that sort of owner).

Bay1Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic '15 V6 051a
I kept my car stock for a year but I just ordered an exhaust on Black Friday. For me money isn't an issue just took me forever to make a decision.

My friend and I gym together and he has a 2013 evo. When we pull out of there all you hear is his car, so I had to fix that.... : )

Sponsored
OP
OP
x_man586

x_man586

Thank you Diatoms
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White Mustang GT m6
I have heavily modded my Lightning, but I have owned it for 10 years. I am just surprised at the extent some people are going to modding a new car. Of course my Mustang is a month old whereas there are people here who have had their cars for over a year.

Guard5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid Red GT500 CFTP
Look at it this way. Yours is worth more than mine even with all of my mods. After the stage 2 Roush upgrade and coil overs in a month I'll be nearing double the original price but the value of the car has gone down for the savvy (smart) buyer. To some it's a DD, to others it's a race car, to some it's something to tinker with and experiment. Individual wants and needs.

4 ROUSH

NONE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD
Many people keep them the way Ford built, them "STOCK ONLY" . Not even a new badge or decal . Many people mod the car for various reasons. Drive & enjoy the car whether you mod it or not. Its a sweet ride with or without mods. :headbang:

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
speaking of car payment....

mines due...

damnit

another month out of the whipple fund.... :-(

in all seriousness. I've sold off a lot of stuff around house I didn't need to probably do 90% of the mods I got. You'd be surprise how much money you can make off of useless shit around your house on ebay.

tevaburns

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tiberius
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
You get to drive a GT manual everyday, count your blessings. The car is awesome stock. Do a nice burnout and smile.
Sponsored