Wiring Valentine One

goodkid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350; 2014 Polar Edition Wrangler; 2005 350Z
I went with the Track Package - will we be able to power a radar detector via the mirror?
Sponsored

chief135smitty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350 w/track pack
How clever, I have not had a radar detector since the 90's, but I have a feeling I will need one of these with the new GT350! Is the technology the same or has it improved? What I mean is are they worth the money with modern radars?

wproctor411

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT
How clever, I have not had a radar detector since the 90's, but I have a feeling I will need one of these with the new GT350! Is the technology the same or has it improved? What I mean is are they worth the money with modern radars?
I just sent my V1 in for the updates which cost me $150.00 but they put new hardware in it. It's always been great but now it's awesome. No blind spot warnings from newer vehicles are popping up using the "t' program. Knowing the direction and how many bogeys is wonderful counter intel. I don't speed on purpose but sometimes sh!t happens. . . :cool:

OP
OP

goodkid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350; 2014 Polar Edition Wrangler; 2005 350Z
Yea, time to send mine in for an update too. Can't live without now.

Sponsored

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
I don't speed on purpose...
Yeah, me either... :lol:

I've had a V1 since they first came out (and kept it updated), and it's always been great. However, on a recent 400-mile trip in someone else's car, there was no power source for the V1, so I made the whole trip using only the Waze app. I had no issues the entire trip. Under normal circumstances, V1 + Waze = 0 Tickets.

The problem with radar detectors now (although some hobbyists are experimenting with unauthorized software updates like the YaV1 Android smartphone app for the V1), is that many braking safety, side warning and adaptive cruise control systems on other cars set off the detectors - just like the tailights on GM SUVs set off the laser warning on V1s. It's only going to get worse, unless the radar detector manufacturers step up and develop filters for their equipment.

Check radarandlaserforum.com for more info.

NotBlake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT (Base)
I highly recommend the SAVVY module that plugs into the OBDII port and automatically mutes the detector under a speed of your choosing as well as providing keyed-hot power to the unit.

Check out rdforum.org if you'd like to learn more about speed countermeasures. Depending on your area, LIDAR may be a much more real threat which RDs do not adequately address.

Cheers.
Sponsored