SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Didn't want to start a discussion on the What you did today... thread so started a new one.
My car has barely seen the rain (get me, and in Scotland too...) but I had noticed on the odd occasion the wipers have been used that they tend to stop slightly higher on the screen then return to the "parked position" some seconds later. I then noticed in Mander's pics that his wipers were also sitting high. Anyone know if this is by design? A previous BMW I had did this but it was a fault on that.
wipers.JPG
Sponsored

OP
OP
SteveS

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Mine are set slightly higher in that picture.you need to pull them up to actually move the drivers set one without clipping the paint, I didn't put them back down properly after washing.

Rest assured, they rest lower than that normally. It's just because cleaning the actual blades and the wind screen properly I prop them up. it's just so it doesn't get caught on the bonnet :).

On the topic of wipers, anyone know what the sting is for a replacement pair, should they go, mine haven't yet... just curious of when they eventually do!

Sponsored

OP
OP
SteveS

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Mine are set slightly higher in that picture.you need to pull them up to actually move the drivers set one without clipping the paint, I didn't put them back down properly after washing.

Rest assured, they rest lower than that normally. It's just because cleaning the actual blades and the wind screen properly I prop them up. it's just so it doesn't get caught on the bonnet :).

On the topic of wipers, anyone know what the sting is for a replacement pair, should they go, mine haven't yet... just curious of when they eventually do!
Makes sense...and thanks for the tip!

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Makes sense...and thanks for the tip!
No worries, it's just a slight move to the 'left' (Up the windscreen) and then pull them up, then when you drop them down they'll sit there until you turn the car on then they'll pop back down to idle position.

My pictures getting scrutinised heavily, whilst on that topic, yes the wing mirrors were in, they're not retardedly folded like that for driving, although sometimes I forget to press the button!

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I got a scuff on my bonnet from that.
Promise I'm not looking smug right now... ;)

Pretty naff aint it, but, yeah, kinda have to shimmy them to dodge the paint!

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Can anyone else pull both wipers away from the windscreen, only 1 of mine does, the other hits the bonnet ?

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Push them up onto the screen first, then lift up.
^ this, is how i do it, little bit of a nuisance, but can do it with one hand usually!

twiggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Thing that would worry me is if you knock the wiper when it drops back does it fall back to the window and clip the bonnet?

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Thing that would worry me is if you knock the wiper when it drops back does it fall back to the window and clip the bonnet?
No because you put the wiper back down onto the glass AND THEN you manovere it under the bonnet.

tooley

My Little Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Auto
You can move the wipers to the service position ( practically 90degrees) by hand with the ignition off. No car yet but read the manual cover to cover :D
Sponsored