Windshield replacement

reed034

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB
Vehicle Showcase
Windsheild replacement

Just FYI - I got mine done for 450 about two weeks ago. A lot of these places price match so it pays off to shop around.

Good luck!
Sponsored

ryant601

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT - Black Accent Package
I got aftermarket solar with soundproofing through safelite for $428. They used Pilkington glass, they produce a lot of OEM I believe. So far so good.

Jared_J

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
I was quoted at around $400 for the cheapest option from multiple glass shops. One of my supervisor suggested me check with my insurance company to see if they have any deal on glass replacement. They did! My insurance (allstate) has a local cooperation with safelite, and charged me only $240 after tax for windshield glass replacement. The glass has the sound proofing option. The receipt shows that a $180 discount was applied. Very happy with the process.

Jared_J

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
By the way, when calling the insurance company, they didn't even bother asking my policy number. It wasn't judged as an insurance claim at all. They just asked who is my agent and then give me a number of the glass shop manager and made a referral. Hope this info may help.

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
Due to bad luck with flying stones my 2015 needed two windshield replacements in 3 weeks this summer. OEM Ford/Carlite acoustic windshields were installed in my garage by Carolina Windshield Centers (part of a chain) in about 45 minutes. Installations were perfect both times. Windshield claim processing for State Farm is handled by Lynx Services. State Farm's claim info says they paid Lynx $809 both times. No deductible.

Too bad at least one of the damaged windshields wasn't on our original owner 97 GT since 165K miles has resulted in a lot of minor pitting.

Sponsored

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
just curious. I know my insurance (state farm) has 0 deductible windshield replacement if its cracked the have to replace it. Anything smaller than a dime they fix it but its all free.

Jared_J

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
Hmm... I did ask them if my deductibleble still apply, they said yes but I can make you a referral for discount rate. Not sure if they fooled me or just company policy differs. Anyway I will switch insurance company for the next period.

cyberbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT On Order
Do Ford dealers replace the windshield if asked? I don't see anyone saying they had one done by Ford.

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
I have never heard of a dealer doing windshields. I had a door window replaced at a Ford dealer once, but glass replacement is competitive. National companies like Safe-lite do a great job, and there are thousands of local companies who do it well and may charge less. I guess it's like tires. The dealers could, but it's not a real profit opportunity for them.

OP
OP
FranzVonHoffer

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
A small mom and pop shop did mine for $225. The installer said the bulk of the price shift is whether you get the ford oval, and sound proofing. If you can live without that it's pretty reasonable. Since my commute puts me on a highway with lots of cement trucks and refining vehicles I expect I'll have to replace this windshield every year. So I did't go top shelf.

Sponsored

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
Do Ford dealers replace the windshield if asked? I don't see anyone saying they had one done by Ford.
I had mine replace a couple of weeks ago. Some A-hole threw a rock at me while driving down a 4 lane road. I wanted OEM glass since the car was only 3 month old. Contacted two dealers who both contact out the work. Ending up Yelping auto glass replacement and went with the highest rated with the most reviews. They did an excellent job in my driveway for $500. I only paid the $50 deductible.

AlyourPal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GTPP
A small mom and pop shop did mine for $225. The installer said the bulk of the price shift is whether you get the ford oval, and sound proofing. If you can live without that it's pretty reasonable. Since my commute puts me on a highway with lots of cement trucks and refining vehicles I expect I'll have to replace this windshield every year. So I did't go top shelf.

Yo Franz, I'm in Houston too and am shopping around. What shop did yours? Any quality issues come up since install? Do you miss the Soundproofed windshield? Thanks man

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
I have a sound proofing OEM windshield on my premium convertible. I always wondered why they put that type of expensive glass on a ragtop?

OP
OP
FranzVonHoffer

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
Yo Franz, I'm in Houston too and am shopping around. What shop did yours? Any quality issues come up since install? Do you miss the Soundproofed windshield? Thanks man
South Delta Auto Glass
12061 Beechnut St, Houston, TX 77072

Install hasn't leaked and seems solid. I didn't notice any increase in vehicle noise and I went with the windshield that doesn't have the Ford logo on it. It was like $225 installed.
Sponsored