Sponsored

Window issue

BromptonWeb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019 PP1 Convertible
Hello,

I sadly got rear ended in my 2019 convertible GT with PP1 2 months ago, the bumper was to be change and the passenger window was not stopping going up and down 1/8 inches on our way back from Florida, 26hrs drive :(

We contacted the insurrance for the accident and that the window was going crazy then they sent me to car repair shop told them about the accident and the window going crazy also.
Yesterday after 3 week at the shop i go get the Mustang and all is fix but not the window because they though a simple reset would fix it, but it did not so now they have no money left from the estimate that they made and sent to insurrance to open the inside of the door and see what is wrong and they also contacted the insurance company that it is not due to the car crash the window issue.

I have call back the insurrance company and the repair shop told them it was not related to the crash and stuck to fix it my self since they believe them!

Any ideas what it could be the issue?

Now the window after the reset from the repair shop in not going up and down crazy like before it just stay a bit down so it make sound inside the car from the wind, it also don't go up and down when i open the door like before unless i try to close the door like 10 times it somethmes go up and down once but stop and stay 1/8inches lower :(

Thank's
Sponsored

Last edited:

Stangomydreams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Cali Special Convertible
Obviously it is related if it occurred right after the crash. You simply need to fight it out with the insurance company to get it covered. Lawyer letter etc.. Anything electrical like that is expensive which is I'm sure why they are trying to avoid covering it. I would also request a different shop ie dealership with the proper Ford diagnostic tools for the repair. Let them know if it gets rain damaged it will be a far more expensive repair as in entire interior replaced.

DadzMach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
I would do another reset and see if it fixes it. I have, at times, had to do a reset more than once to get them working properly. If that doesn’t work and since it happened after the accident I would think maybe the door is slightly out of alignment, maybe?

OP
OP
BromptonWeb

BromptonWeb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019 PP1 Convertible
I would do another reset and see if it fixes it. I have, at times, had to do a reset more than once to get them working properly. If that doesn’t work and since it happened after the accident I would think maybe the door is slightly out of alignment, maybe?
Thank's did that 5 times after i reset the window like in the file i attach ..each time the window goes up where it should be but once i open the door it go down 1/8 like it suppose but never go back up after reclosing the door very frustrating
Sponsored

Attachments