spectremotorsports

Consultant
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
"Emma" 17 GT/PP Grabber Blue/Black roof
Just took delivery of my car yesterday, was washing it today and noticed the front fenders are off by just a tiny bit, and the driver side headlight is mounted a tiny bit crooked. Anyone had their dealer sort this out for them?
Sponsored

15 Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Convertable
There are acceptable tolerances for the panel alignments. As long as the dimensions are within these tolerances, they are acceptable.
Not to say that the dealership will fix them to please you, if you are a good customer, but all warranty items have to be authorized by Ford before the work is approved for warranty consideration.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
We can't determine that for you... Take it to your dealer and ask. I'm willing to bet if it is a fairly simple process to align them, they may do it for you. If it requires them pulling off panels and bumpers I doubt it unless you can make it a legit warranty claim.

Sponsored

Given To Fly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150 Limited
For those who were unsuccessful, assuming your alignment issues isn't petty, try another dealer. The 2015 F150 was a panel alignment disaster and dealers across the country were either fixing the issues or subbing it out to a body shop.

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
You stand an excellent chance if you push the issue before taking the car off the lot. Once you sign the paperwork and take ownership it's going to be much more difficult. They are car salesmen, once you they have your money they've done their part.

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
This is just me but..

Unless it's blatantly obvious from more than 5 feet away I would let it go. I wouldn't want anyone loosening any bolts that came from the factory and I wouldnt want anyone handling the body panels if at all possible.

OP
OP
spectremotorsports

spectremotorsports

Consultant
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
"Emma" 17 GT/PP Grabber Blue/Black roof
This is just me but..

Unless it's blatantly obvious from more than 5 feet away I would let it go. I wouldn't want anyone loosening any bolts that came from the factory and I wouldnt want anyone handling the body panels if at all possible.

The fenders I can live with honestly. Its the headlight that's driving me crazy when you compare the two there is an obvious difference. I'll post some photos In a little while for clarification

Charles147

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PP w/50AP
The fenders I can live with honestly. Its the headlight that's driving me crazy when you compare the two there is an obvious difference. I'll post some photos In a little while for clarification
save yourself some time and call the dealership.

If you end up having a bad experience and you think the dealer is brushing you off then post up your story. I'm sure a Ford rep will chime in and help straighten out the issues.

thumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT PP
they took pictures of mine and sent it to ford corporate. ford approved it and the dealer is taking back my car later this week and i'm to be given a service loaner until it's fixed.
Sponsored