Sponsored

Will I be happy?

huachucastang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ecoboost Premium 6MT PP
With my EB I get 24 city and 31 highway...and I don't baby it.
Sponsored

TurboStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost PP
If you ask for peoples opinion on EB or GT naturally everyone's going to say GT. Honestly, people, if you're not sure just test drive them both and decide what you think is best for you. Get what YOUR happy with. I don't understand why people buy an Ecoboost and then trade up to the GT. If you wanted the GT all along, why didn't you wait till you could afford it? Whatever your decision, you're going to get a great car. DECIDE FOR YOURSELF.

Profxavier208

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Premium PP Fastback
First time commenting here on the forum, but I was in this same position for months. I had one of those X Plan Ford pricing from my job, and after a promotion, I decided to go for a Mustang for my new daily driver. I tested out an ecoboost and a GT, but I was undecided for months.
After much consideration and seeing what my commute was going to be, I ended up with an ecoboost premium performance pack. I found that to have the best balance of thrill and comfort for my particular needs. Plus, with many bolt on additions, you can up the power and thrill factor over time. The only thing I miss/regret is that V8 sound.
In the end, since you're driving with your kids, take them with you on the test drive and see if they like the GT power, or have more fun with the ecoboost without going too overboard.

kd4gij

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 mustang gt vista blue
If you get the EB. One day you will wake up and be like " WOW I could of had a V8"

Sponsored

Swayse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt auto
After I drowned my VW TDI bug in a flood, I bought a fiesta for my daily. In 4 months and 7,000 miles I was bored to death in my daily. I was really thinking fiesta ST, then I thought a eco mustang might be nice. Well, if I bought an eco, I'd regret it in 7000 miles. I'll get a base gt, well, in 7000 miles I'll regret not getting a PP.... Well, I got a 401a PP with recaro and all the options, $45,855 sticker. Now I'm thinking I should have just bought the base gt.

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
I had a 15' EB PP premium with automatic. Although it was a nice car i hated the sound of the exhaust. No aftermarket exhausts for the EB sound good to me. I missed the sound of a nice growling V8 like i had in my SS Camaro.

5 months later i traded the EB for my 15' premium GT with 6 speed. Added a cat back exhaust and couldn't be happier.

My EB only got a few more mpg's better than my GT. Where i live we only have 91 octane so i never could get 93 to get the most hp/tq out of the EB.

ConspicuousConsumption

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP MT, Explorer ST
OP sounded like me when I got my 2014 V6.

Now I have a 2015 GT PP.

AR306

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black Ecoboost Base Auto w/ 19's
If you ask for peoples opinion on EB or GT naturally everyone's going to say GT. Honestly, people, if you're not sure just test drive them both and decide what you think is best for you. Get what YOUR happy with. I don't understand why people buy an Ecoboost and then trade up to the GT. If you wanted the GT all along, why didn't you wait till you could afford it? Whatever your decision, you're going to get a great car. DECIDE FOR YOURSELF.
I got an EB because the insurance for the GT would of been more than the car note itself.. I don't care if I could afford it, I'm not paying that much for insurance. So I got an EB, hopefully in a year or two my insurance rate will go down and I'll trade up to a GT.

4Mustangs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT 50th Anniversary AP Black
If you have always had V8 Mustangs, I´d definitely go with a V8, doesn´t matter if its the base GT, it still has a V8. If you want to listen music just step on the gas and listen the V8 music!

Sponsored

Childs Play

But Wait! There's More!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Shitbox
Absolutely loved the 4 banger when I drove it. I don't think you'll be disappointed in the least.

OP
OP

fordracerguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FJG M1
Hey guys

Thanks for your input! Just wanted to update everyone so we can put this thread to rest.

I ended up getting a 2016 Magnetic EB with PP, Shaker, Security, Voice nav, reverse assist and automatic.

I LOVE IT. This car is amazing. Ford has definitely stepped it up several notches. I picked automatic because I figure, if I got a manual, I would think of it as more of a race vehicle. SOO HAPPY.

Plus, the car seat fits in the back. Not well, but it fits. :)

stang77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0
Hey guys

Thanks for your input! Just wanted to update everyone so we can put this thread to rest.

I ended up getting a 2016 Magnetic EB with PP, Shaker, Security, Voice nav, reverse assist and automatic.

I LOVE IT. This car is amazing. Ford has definitely stepped it up several notches. I picked automatic because I figure, if I got a manual, I would think of it as more of a race vehicle. SOO HAPPY.

Plus, the car seat fits in the back. Not well, but it fits. :)
Congratulations!! Post a picture. I have the same color.

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
I got an EB because the insurance for the GT would of been more than the car note itself.. I don't care if I could afford it, I'm not paying that much for insurance. So I got an EB, hopefully in a year or two my insurance rate will go down and I'll trade up to a GT.
Where do you live? All of the quotes that I got were within $10 per YEAR between Ecoboost and GT. Ended up at about $640/year, would have been $630/year or so for EB/V6. There was no change for Convertible vs. fastback.

Apwrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic premium PP
Congrats on the Eco good choice.
Sponsored