Sponsored

Will Corsa Extremes Drone with Mak Cat Deletes?

Ronnoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Hi Everyone. I'm purchasing a Corsa Extreme and would like to go catless with the set up, but don't want to invest in headers. Does anybody know if removing the cats will cause this system to drone?

Thanks
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
No, but it doesn't sound all that great, IMO. It loses its tonal quality and just becomes noise. I loved it when I had it with stock cats/headers, but the Sport catback is a better bet for catless or LTs.

zuki_dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT Premium M6 TY
I second it won't drone but it won't sound good either. Way too loud IMO. I would go with Corsa Sport catback. I love mine with catless LTH's and 9" bullet resonators for "appearance." Sounds great and still has a deeper tone than the extremes.

Demon Coyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Corsa Sport catback for sure. Just the catback itself has a very nice tone, I've heard it in person on [MENTION=10281]BmacIL[/MENTION] 's car. Very nice and videos don't do it justice. I have the same catback with headers and it's plenty loud with high flow cats. Might be going catless though, just have to wait and see :).

OP
OP
Ronnoc

Ronnoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Everyone seems to be recommending the Sports which I do agree sound really good. However I was leaning extreme's because I have a local guy selling them to me at a great deal. Might be worth switching out to the touring mufflers down the road?

Can anyone speak to the noise levels. Are catless Corsa sports louder than just corsa extremes with stock cats?

I heard corsa extremes in my buddies car and I loved them, just wished they were a little louder

Sponsored

yote41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
get the extremes and put resonators on

Demon Coyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I can't say how loud the sports+cat delete would be compared to the xtreme catback with the stock cats, but I would assume they would sounds somewhat close, maybe the sports+cat delete being slightly louder...but don't quote me on that lol.

What I can tell you is that the sports with headers and high flow cats sounds phenomenal to me and I'm thinking about going catless too. Here's a link to what my setup sounds like, headers, high flow cats, sport catback:

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]id=wNXIynXcxiE;t=41[/MEDIA]"]

H@mmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT w/ Too Many Mods
Just get it and run with stock cats for a while for a baseline. Then go catless and see what you think. If you don't like it, buy a resonated x-pipe or a couple of in-line resonators. Exhaust work is typically quite simple, so just do it in stages to find what you like.

OP
OP
Ronnoc

Ronnoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I can't say how loud the sports+cat delete would be compared to the xtreme catback with the stock cats, but I would assume they would sounds somewhat close, maybe the sports+cat delete being slightly louder...but don't quote me on that lol.

What I can tell you is that the sports with headers and high flow cats sounds phenomenal to me and I'm thinking about going catless too. Here's a link to what my setup sounds like, headers, high flow cats, sport catback:

NEEEEEED more videos of that set up! That thing sounds amazing!

Demon Coyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
NEEEEEED more videos of that set up! That thing sounds amazing!
Haha thanks man, for now you'll just have to watch the videos on my YouTube channel. Once the weather gets better here I'll make some more.

Sponsored

Threebanger

I am legend.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bray
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT350
Vehicle Showcase
no drone but loud AF.

ATTFighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Hi Everyone. I'm purchasing a Corsa Extreme and would like to go catless with the set up, but don't want to invest in headers. Does anybody know if removing the cats will cause this system to drone?

Thanks
When my 2018 arrives I was considering going this exact route, MAK Cat Deletes and Corsa Sport Catback. I think extremes would be to much. I have a friend who has this setup I will go hear in person soon and let you know.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
When my 2018 arrives I was considering going this exact route, MAK Cat Deletes and Corsa Sport Catback. I think extremes would be to much. I have a friend who has this setup I will go hear in person soon and let you know.
It's just uncontrolled, untuned noise. Not so good.

Xtremes + stock headers = awesome sound, but take the cats out and they get ugly.

ATTFighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
It's just uncontrolled, untuned noise. Not so good.

Xtremes + stock headers = awesome sound, but take the cats out and they get ugly.
Yea I am not looking to do Extremes with no cats. If I go no cats i am going to do the corsa sport which is the setup my friend has, "mak cat delete and corsa sport".

OP
OP
Ronnoc

Ronnoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I'm in a unique situation where I don't commute in my car and park in a big city garage, so I have no neighbors to wake up in the mornings. Think its going to be worth to pick up the used Extremes, then go catless at some point and enjoy a stupid loud car for the summer and show season, and if I don't like it, trade out the sport mufflers for the touring mufflers
Sponsored