Widebody wheel fitment

CoyoteLs97

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bailey
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt premium manual
I am looking to install a widebody kit that's 2.5in wider front and. 3in wider rear. I am looking to go with a somewhat concave wheel with at least 2in lip. With 18in diameter. What offset should I be looking to run to have a 275/295 setup?
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
There are big discounts on unsold Dodge Chargers at your local, going out of business Stellantis dealer. Try there.

Otherwise ask Rousch. They did a wide body mustang for sema a couple years ago.

Or you could employ any of several wheel fit websites and use their what-if calculators.

Pro tip. 19x10 et35 is basically flush on current bodywork. Go find a pencil and paper and do your own trigonometry equations using 3 terms and 2nd grade math. šŸ¤”šŸ˜šŸ˜Æ

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I am looking to install a widebody kit that's 2.5in wider front and. 3in wider rear. I am looking to go with a somewhat concave wheel with at least 2in lip. With 18in diameter. What offset should I be looking to run to have a 275/295 setup?
Ask the manufacturer they will know from the test cars what will fit well

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Hereā€™s what Shelby uses for their widebody conversions. I donā€™t know the offsets, thereā€™s a few guys in the Shelby threads that have had it done. Maybe @Jmeo can share the offsets on his SE Widebody?

IMG_3045.png

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
Why do widebody and then go with 275/295 setup? You can easily fit 305 up front and up to 325 at the back without doing anything.

Sponsored

OP
OP

CoyoteLs97

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bailey
Vehicle(s)
Why do widebody and then go with 275/295 setup? You can easily fit 305 up front and up to 325 at the back without doing anything.
Because of performance specs and what it'll be used for. It's more for track width than stance or looks

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
Because of performance specs and what it'll be used for. It's more for track width than stance or looks
For track, 305 square is the most common setup. What I'm trying to say is that you can fit bigger wheels even without going all the widebody hassle. 275 fits up front without any modifications at all.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Hereā€™s what Shelby uses for their widebody conversions. I donā€™t know the offsets, thereā€™s a few guys in the Shelby threads that have had it done. Maybe @Jmeo can share the offsets on his SE Widebody?

IMG_3045.png
Unfortunately I cannot help. My wide body is 2" more than stock (per side). That, and it's more than just offset, there is wheel width and back spacing that need to be factored. Also, my wheels do not have a lip, which makes my offset even further away than what the OP is looking for.

This plan is just to Frankenstein to compare to anyone else, me thinks. The wide body will have to be installed, and then backspacing and offset measurements will need to be measured in order for the fitment to work.

OP
OP

CoyoteLs97

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bailey
Vehicle(s)
For track, 305 square is the most common setup. What I'm trying to say is that you can fit bigger wheels even without going all the widebody hassle. 275 fits up front without any modifications at all.
I'm going for drifting. And doing an angle kit so not really a fan of the extra stickout that angle kits give to the front without some extra fender

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
I'm going for drifting. And doing an angle kit so not really a fan of the extra stickout that angle kits give to the front without some extra fender
Ah, ok, that changes everything and now it makes sense šŸ˜„ . Would be very interested to see the end result.

Sponsored
OP
OP

CoyoteLs97

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bailey
Vehicle(s)
Ah, ok, that changes everything and now it makes sense šŸ˜„ . Would be very interested to see the end result.
Yea lol sometimes if be regulated to 265-295 tires depending on events

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Unfortunately I cannot help. My wide body is 2" more than stock (per side). That, and it's more than just offset, there is wheel width and back spacing that need to be factored. Also, my wheels do not have a lip, which makes my offset even further away than what the OP is looking for.

This plan is just to Frankenstein to compare to anyone else, me thinks. The wide body will have to be installed, and then backspacing and offset measurements will need to be measured in order for the fitment to work.
Thanks Jaime. Yeah itā€™s an apples and oranges comparison for sure but figured it might give OP a place to start. But I agree, heā€™d be best served to mock up the widebody kit first and get measurements.
Sponsored