Sponsored

Why no dual intake?

Ctease

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
This is an Audi single plenum single throttle body intake manifold used on their old V8s. Was dropped when they introduced VVT cam pulleys. The VVT acheieved wide torque curve without variable intake system.
IMG_0066.JPG
IMG_0067.JPG
Sponsored

OP
OP

MCarsFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Thanks very informative posts. Exactly what I was looking for.

sweetchuck2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, DIB, Tech package.
I think in one of the interviews back in 2015, they mentioned fitment being an issue.

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
I think in one of the interviews back in 2015, they mentioned fitment being an issue.
This exactly, it is also why they made the Flat plane crank up-down-up-down instead of the traditional up-down-down-up used by almost every 4 cylinder and FPC V8 made. It comes down to acoustics and pressure waves. an inline 4, because of the space between the firing has a beneficial pressure wave at low to mid RPM which helps VE. In a traditional FPC V8, these would smash into each other from the different banks and hurt VE. so the ferrari engine functions like two I4s bolted to one crank. The problem is that they are very tall and would not have fit under the GT350's hood.

By changing the firing order, the engineers were able to use a single plenum and throttle body while only loosing some low and mid range torque.

At high RPM the Ferrari engine has valves that open, combining the plenums to take advantage of the harmonics between the intake pulses. The Voodoo obviously does not require that saving space and complexity.

Sponsored

chuckty101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Shadow Black
New Edelbrock Cross-Ram Gen IV Intake Makes Your Engine Look Like a Ferrari

Dual Throttle Body Intake Gives Exotic Look to Gen-IV LS

edelbrock-ls-cross-ram-intake-red-engine-right-angle.jpg

chuckty101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Shadow Black
The dual throttle-body design is engineered to accept two 90-millimeter throttle bodies and is ideally suited for twin-turbo race setups.
edelbrock-ls-cross-ram-intake-red-top-angle.jpg