GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
Mustangs are in my blood...my mom was a big fan since the 60s and she now has her third Mustang, a 2006 GT vert they bought brand new. Even her father (my grandpa) worked for Ford until he passed in 1978.

Ever since the SN95 body came out I've been in love with Mustangs. I was 9 when I started my subscription to Motor Trend in 1993 and one of the first issues was when the 1994 Mustang won the Car of the Year award. Naturally, the cover of that magazine had a Canary Yellow coupe on it, and yellow has been my favorite color since I knew my colors (so I'm told by my parents lol) I bought myself a used Canary Yellow 94 coupe in 2002 just after I turned 18 (blew all the insurance money I got from being attacked by a dog when I was 12, lol), and I still have that car today! I've always wanted to get a new Mustang, especially when the S197 came out, but I was a broke college student. I always figured the V8 would die out at some point due to CAFE standards, so I definitely want to get a new Mustang before that happens (doesn't seem to be anytime soon but who knows). Getting married and paying off debts became high priorities, but now I'm ready and willing to take on a stupid high car payment for my dream ride! I keep saying I want to be one of those old guys 30-40 years down the road that still has the same Mustang he bought brand new, and even though I still want to keep my 94, I didn't buy it new.

Now that I'm 30 I think I have outgrown the coupe, and now I want to get a convertible, since my mom has a 2006 GT convertible and I love the top down driving experience...I was tempted to buy a 2013 or 2014, but I was excited to see what was in store for the 50th anniversary. I was even more tempted to buy a 2011 when we bought our Fusion, but I was commuting far for work at the time and I wasn't going to settle for a base Mustang, and really couldn't afford the $40k+ for a loaded GT convertible at the time. The Fusion will become my wife's car when my new Mustang arrives :-) fitting that I'm scheduled to pay off the Fusion by December/January , probably just in time for delivery of my new Stang (and a ginormous car payment!)

I think it's fitting that the front end of the S550 looks like an evolution of the SN95, giving that's my first love in the Mustang realm! And of course, to seal the deal, Ford finally brought back a "real" yellow color for 2015... I'm so excited I'm about to pee myself in anticipation....I've been waiting for over 20 years to buy myself a new Mustang, and the time is NOW! (Well sort of, have to wait until the order banks open for convertibles!)
Sponsored

Macfarland

MacFastang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Toyota Prius III Touring
I want one because for the first time ever, I think the quality of the mustang inside/out is worthy of my hard earned dollars. I'm a fan since the 1994 model but I have never pulled the trigger because after driving mostly German cars, I got accustomed to a certain level of fit and finished and the Mustang was never worthy for me to purchase new. I have never had the financial means to drive a new car and purchased a used mustang as my toy, so i had to settle with the new car. The 2010-14 model came very close, but I couldn't go for it at decision time. This 2015 Mustang has finally hit the mark and for the first time ever I will become a Mustang GT owner. Hooray! The bad news? I will have to wait until summer of '15 (or later) because I will not pay MSRP let alone a mark-up nor I will pay more than 1.9 % APR. In the meantime, I'll keep saving for my downpayment and for my '67 fastback project that I intend to purchase in a couple of years!

55R2014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT
Mustangs have been my car of choice since I was 5 years old. I've owned many and still have one of my 70 Mach1s and a fully CorteX equipped 2014. This new Mustang ushers in a new era of handling and performance from the factory that I want to be on the bleeding edge of. I want to see how well the new Mustang handles compared to the 2014 then look forward to the new suspension package CorteX comes up with.

intoadaze

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Ivann
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT 5.0
My hopes were put down this weekend since I went to a Ford dealer acting as if I was going to get a 2014, thinking it would be the same scenario as to when the 2015 comes out. Unfortunately i barely qualify for the 2014 GT, I'm sure I'm going to need a big downpayment for the 15. I'll be happy with the 2014, i like that mustang also since it looks very Muscle Car-ish. The 15 has a muscle look but more of a Luxury to it. Maybe I'll get a 6gen mustang once they do the refresh :)

Sponsored

Naudica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Deep Impact Blue Mustang GT Premium w/PP
I love the look of the new mustang and the insides I think are to die for!! I am really excited to be purchasing a Mustang soon!

oldlugs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Bullitt & '09 KR
While I like the looks, the planned engine lineup, and especially the IRS... I presently own two of my favorite S197 cars, an '08 Bullitt and '09 KR. Not planning on getting a new Mustang (for now, anyway). May trade the Bullitt on one in the future, or pass it on to my son or daughter; don't know. I do like the idea of a GT350 or similar, so things could change... Or, maybe I'll just pick up a dedicated canyon carver like a Lotus Elise. :)

deeps29

Bizarre Edition!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Last year around same time I was debating between 2013/2014 Mustang and 2013 Hyundai Genesis coupe. I didn't like the interior and suspension of Mustang and Genesis was giving me more value for money. I went with Genesis and totally loved the car.
I have been in an accident recently which was not my fault and my car was declared totaled. :( I was lucky that I didn't get any serious injury.
Now 2015 Mustang seem to exactly what I wanted it to be. With new gen design, beautiful interior and IRS, 2.3L EB is a cherry on top. Can't wait to try it and own it. :D

Fomoco15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 GT Vert
I always planed on getting one because planed on getting one because my 50th birthday is this year and I love mustangs. Should get here around my birthday.

13GTCSMustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR/GT/20's/NAV
I voted 'Just because it's a Mustang'. Having owned several Mustang's over the past 30 years (My first was a 65), it's always been in my blood. Thankfully, my dad was a Ford man all his life, so naturally, I am too. Love my F150's too, owned 8 of those, currently own a 2013 F150 STX 5.0 and a '13 GT/CS. Mustang's have always been the love of my life (as cars go), with the exception of the 1974 - 1978 models. Out of them all, I can't tell you which has been my favorite because I loved something about every one of them. The '10 Shelby GT500 was just stupidly wiched and my current '13 GT/CS is just a great car. I'm sure the '15 will be even better.

Sponsored

Disconinja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 VW Passat 2.0TSI
My friend told me the other day I'd probably buy a garbage container with four wheels on it if it had a Mustang badge :) So "Because it's a Mustang" is quite a reason for me.
The other reason would probably be bang for the buck. Unfortunately only in the US, which leads me to the next point - I won't be buying one any time soon because due to ridiculously huge eco taxes here in Croatia, a 35k GT would probably cost cca 75k at the end. Now it's up to Ford to offer those cars (if possible), to certain markets for really low factory prices, since Croatia is a market of maybe 10 (ten) cars a year...
Anyhow, S550 is more of a sports car than a muscle car. At least to me. But I love it!!! So 4cyl eco boost is also very interesting option for me. You get beautiful car packed with more than 300 ponies for price of standard diesel Volkswagen Golf here :) My estimate is it could cost around 40k here.

Chambo007

Threads
Reaction score
Voted "Just b/c its a Mustang" because my interest is equal parts looks and performance.

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
I have loved American cars since I was a kid and first discovered Elvis and Rockabilly.
Living in the UK it has never been practical for me to buy one. As soon as I heard that the new Stang was going to be available in the UK in rhd, I knew I had to have one.
I am having a v8 coupe, just not sure of the colour yet!
I am having one....because its a Mustang

Fenderaddict2

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fastmyles.com
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang Boss 302
I have loved American cars since I was a kid and first discovered Elvis and Rockabilly.
Living in the UK it has never been practical for me to buy one. As soon as I heard that the new Stang was going to be available in the UK in rhd, I knew I had to have one.
I am having a v8 coupe, just not sure of the colour yet!
I am having one....because its a Mustang

Ah yes, the colour quandary. I'm still wrestling with that one myself.

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
Well I have gone from definitely white with gloss black wheels and splitter/side skirts etc, to blue with silver graphics of some sort to Ruby Red. I am sure I will change my mind a few times yet. It just looks so freaking amazing in all colours!
Sponsored