CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone changed their sunglass cubby drawer out on their car? Mine broke. I ordered one off of EBay and plan to install it myself. From what I can gather I need to pop off the side trim panel that is held in place with clips.. The trim panel for the light switch (above cubby drawer) has clips and a screw to hold it in place. The cubby piece looks to have two screws and clips to remove it. Any tips on how to remove and not break the clips? Any useful information would be helpful. Thank you, CH
$_57.jpg
Sponsored

Adrian Cable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2017 GT Convertible
Has anyone changed their sunglass cubby drawer out on their car? Mine broke. I ordered one off of EBay and plan to install it myself. From what I can gather I need to pop off the side trim panel that is held in place with clips.. The trim panel for the light switch (above cubby drawer) has clips and a screw to hold it in place. The cubby piece looks to have two screws and clips to remove it. Any tips on how to remove and not break the clips? Any useful information would be helpful. Thank you, CH
$_57.jpg
It is super easy and will take no more than 10 minutes. All you need is a 7mm hex socket.

First pull out the trim piece below the headlight panel. Just pull out from the left side (easier if the driver door is open). You won't break the clips - worst is they will fall off and you'll just need to not lose them and click them back onto the tabs on the trim piece.

Then remove the 7mm hex screw at the bottom of the headlight panel. Then pull the panel out. You can leave the whole piece hanging, or pull out the headlight electrical connector from the switch if you want to get it out of the way completely.

Then remove the two 7mm hex screws from the left side of the sunglass panel. Pull the whole piece out firmly from the left. Again you won't break the clips, just don't lose them.

Disconnect the trunk lid switch connector and the whole panel will be free.

Follow instructions in reverse to put the new panel in. That's it!

-Adrian