Sponsored

White w/blue stripes GT350 on dealer lot.

db1122

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350 white w blue
I paid an ADM to get an in stock unit that I found immediately.

I have no regrets and also will not care if / when the day comes to trade it in.

Everyone's situation is different - I wired the vehicle payment in full twenty minutes after talking to the sales manager; I purchased out of one of my companies and the ADM amount (especially after writing off the depreciation) is an amount of $ that means nothing to me. I have bet more on a single sports game, and I have won / lost 10x the ADM amount in a night of blackjack.

So to each his own on how people spend there money, but keep in mind everyone's situation is unique. I will never assume someone else shouldn't care about paying over sticker, just because I don't care. :thumbsup:
Sponsored

Zomies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep JK & 2010 Hyundai Accent
Value is value. Welcome to economics. If it was MSRP at $150k and you could buy it for $50k, you'd be all over it. It works both ways.

You think it's worth MSRP, someone else thinks it's worth more. You're partially right - it increases the value, but I wouldn't say inflates.
Like the Z/28?

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
I paid an ADM to get an in stock unit that I found immediately.

I have no regrets and also will not care if / when the day comes to trade it in.

Everyone's situation is different - I wired the vehicle payment in full twenty minutes after talking to the sales manager; I purchased out of one of my companies and the ADM amount (especially after writing off the depreciation) is an amount of $ that means nothing to me. I have bet more on a single sports game, and I have won / lost 10x the ADM amount in a night of blackjack.

So to each his own on how people spend there money, but keep in mind everyone's situation is unique. I will never assume someone else shouldn't care about paying over sticker, just because I don't care. :thumbsup:
While it's great you have done well for yourself (much respect) Mustangs aren't supposed to be play toys for the rich. The whole appeal is being an affordable performance car. Driving prices up and keeping the car out of its intended market bothers me.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
This is the first site other than Team Shelby where I've seen posters openly support people paying ADMs. Interesting...
There is a huge difference between "supporting" adms and being indifferent to it. How others choose to spend their OWN money is really not my concern. Some people pay 100k+ for fancy sedans that will be worth 50k in 3 years, some buy sports cars to drive to a coffee shop on weekends, either way, not my business.

You can be mad about it on the internet until your keyboard keys fall off, but do you really think other people care about what your opinion is on how they spend their money? Will they NOT pay an ADM to appease some person on the internet and thus give up securing a car they want to have first? Just so other sap might be able to pay less than he is and get the car instead?

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
While it's great you have done well for yourself (much respect) Mustangs aren't supposed to be play toys for the rich. The whole appeal is being an affordable performance car. Driving prices up and keeping the car out of its intended market bothers me.
Maybe we need to ask obama for a federal injunction to make sure only those "intended" buyers get cars at the price they are willing to pay. Do you realize how silly that sounds?

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Like the Z/28?

I see what you tried there. For the short time people were lined up and paying ADM for Z/28s, yes, the perceived value was higher. Supply vs demand. It will fluctuate.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
1 - Now you're telling people what kind of car "they" should be buying based on their income - not going to fly.

2 - So who are you blaming here? The people who can afford to buy something more exotic but instead choose to purchase a Mustang - or Ford for making a car that attracts people who usually buy more expensive cars? I'm confused.

db1122

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350 white w blue
In MY OPTINION, you are missing the opposing sides point... and now going even further with that by also declaring who is supposed to buy these car's ?

Again, everyone's situation is extremely unique. I am personally not a mustang guy.. I have never been interested or considering buying a mustang probably since I was 18. But several months ago - I decided I wanted to get a vehicle outside of my daily driver. I researched many vehicles and loved the reviews, technology, and engineering of the '16 gt350. Add in the change of pace with a domestic vehicle (no domestic cars since I had a ford ranger in 1999 when I was 19). I also liked the american heritage component of a shelby mustang. Add all that with the fact that it was the most car you could find for the price, and walla! I decided it was the vehicle for me. (again keeping in mind these are all unique reasons specific to me)

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
likeaboss - I should add. There isn't anyone here who is going to insist or enjoy spending more money than the manufacturer "suggests" it should sell for. There are just people in the world who "can". Ford has done a good job marketing this - so there ya go.

Face76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
So if I sold my car with a $10k ADM next week when it comes in and bought a Viper ACR for under sticker, what does that make me?

From an economic point of view, the answer probably is "smart". Some people here would say I am not a loyal customer. Hmmmm, I bought the car at full price so Ford likes me.

I don't understand the logic. Tracking a car like this is not cheap so you can't be poor and own one. Making it a daily driver isn't cheap either because the value will diminish most likely.

I don't get it.

Sponsored

db1122

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350 white w blue
I think liketheboss should point his frustration at ford! They made a car that atleast one person in the world (me) was willing to pay more than the suggested retail price for!

If they just made a real shitty car and slapped the 57k msrp on it... we would not be faced with these issues!

Sdsaathoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT350, GT350R HEP, GT500 HE CFTP, 23 Raptor R
I think liketheboss should point his frustration at ford! They made a car that atleast one person in the world (me) was willing to pay more than the suggested retail price for!

If they just made a real shitty car and slapped the 57k msrp on it... we would not be faced with these issues!
This is true.... The dirty dogs.....:mad::mad::mad:

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
By paying the ADM his money keeps prices inflated. I'm not cool with it and can say how I feel. I'm not going to give him an award for paying less of an ADM.
Well for one did you place an order for a shelby?
Two, good luck in my area because out of 31 people I won the lottery hat draw to get it so the $5000.00 over sticker is a deal.
Third the other 2 dealers I tried getting one from were marking them $10000 to $20000 over sticker. So to me I'm happy with the $5000.00.
My money. My car. My choice.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
I only made a commend because the poster had to chime in that they paid less ADM. I've got no love for the ADM crew because I promise you they'll be on here complaining when it's time to sell and it depreciated in value like anything else. Happens with every special edition Mustang. The cycle continues...
Well let's see, if I would of waited I wouldn't of won the chance to get one so to me the 5k was worth it. I doubt you ever had all the cars you show that you owned in the past. Who gets rid of a Shelby to buy a GT PP ? Whos the poser now? Unlike you, if you did own the cars you have listed which I highly doubt, I'm not going to sell it. And if I ever do decide to sell it which I won't, I'm pretty sure I'll be fine with my return. But that's for me to decide and I could give a rats ass what anyone thinks. But one thing for sure, it'll put a smile on my face everytime I drive it.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Well for one did you place an order for a shelby?
Two, good luck in my area because out of 31 people I won the lottery hat draw to get it so the $5000.00 over sticker is a deal.
Third the other 2 dealers I tried getting one from were marking them $10000 to $20000 over sticker. So to me I'm happy with the $5000.00.
My money. My car. My choice.
:cheers:

The other side that these adm crusaders like to ignore, if there was no ADM and dealers were forced to sell at MSRP, then there would be lotteries or wait lists at every dealer.

All this would do is create secondary markets with private party owners for the folks who want the cars first.
Sponsored