I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
Datalog results post 26

Installing a meth injection kit has been something that I have thought about doing ever since I installed the Whipple. This makes the 3rd meth kit that I have installed. So far, I have only worked on the install for 2 hours; maybe 1 hour left in wiring. Some people go a little crazy with installing all of the tubing under the car. Yeah, I have never done that, run it like speaker wire! I ran all of the tubing on the drivers side so that I can tap the vacuum hose for the ngauge boost plus. I did drill a hole through the fire wall about 3 inches to the left of the steering column; I have done this many times. The goal of this is to raise octane while increase cooling. So far, my IATs after the blower have averaged 90 degrees WOT. But, I expect my IATs to increase when it is 100 degrees outside during the summer; Tampa SUCKS!!! Plus, e85 is no where close to where I live and the cost of upgrading the fuel system sucks. I will be testing the meth injection on a dyno in a few weeks. I just need to figure out my next step with my tune. There is a 95% chance that I am going with Whipple's calibration. If I don't go with Whipple's then I will have Ken Bjonnes tune my car. However, I will be Snow Performance boost juice which is a 51/49% mix of water/meth. :headbang:

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]
Sponsored

Last edited:

sonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Nice job I'm definitely interested to see your results

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
evo8904

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
Nice job I'm definitely interested to see your results

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks bro! I'm going to try to get results in the next 2 weeks. We are going on vaca for the last week of March.

OP
OP
evo8904

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
Are you spraying at the intake entry

Or into intake manifold after the S/C

Or both?
I'm spraying into the intake. The intake manifold after the blower is where I am getting the boost pressure.

Sponsored

15RRGT

I am teh liquor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT PP TVS
Can't wait to see the results, good luck!

Z_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Import
I'm spraying into the intake. The intake manifold after the blower is where I am getting the boost pressure.
Thanks!

I've used them on two of my cars. But I always used pure methanol. I used to buy them from Immokalee race track for $6/gallon. I would take 4 (5 gallon containers), get 20 gallons and would last me for 3 months on two cars.
I never mixed it with water. But the ones you're getting is pretty expensive for $9 per gallon which is only half meth.
Bet insurance to avoid detonation (in hot & humid weather) and keeps your IAT down and keeps your intake valves clean of carbon buildup.

I already asked Dustin if it affects the coating on the rotors and he said no.

OP
OP
evo8904

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
Thanks!

I've used them on two of my cars. But I always used pure methanol. I used to buy them from Immokalee race track for $6/gallon. I would take 4 (5 gallon containers), get 20 gallons and would last me for 3 months on two cars.
I never mixed it with water. But the ones you're getting is pretty expensive for $9 per gallon which is only half meth.
Bet insurance to avoid detonation (in hot & humid weather) and keeps your IAT down and keeps your intake valves clean of carbon buildup.

I already asked Dustin if it affects the coating on the rotors and he said no.
Yeah bro, boost juice is expensive. I bought 20 gallons of it when I was a vendor through a distributor. It didn't cost too much lol.

Z_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Import
Yeah bro, boost juice is expensive. I bought 20 gallons of it when I was a vendor through a distributor. It didn't cost too much lol.
I know Bradenton race track sell pure meth. And it's up to you if you want to mix it. But I'm sure it's cheaper than that juice crap.

Before ordering the juice, call bradenton and ask them if they still sell it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
evo8904

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
I know Bradenton race track sell pure meth. And it's up to you if you want to mix it. But I'm sure it's cheaper than that juice crap.

Before ordering the juice, call bradenton and ask them if they still sell it.
Yeah bro, I will do that after I run out.

OP
OP
evo8904

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
Speaking of Bradenton , are you going to race in the NMRA event this comming weekend ?

I am going either Friday or Saturday...Just to spectate.
I might depending on what I do for my new tune.

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
Looks like a cool set up , so you use boost to turn on the meth injector pump on ?

OP
OP
evo8904

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
Looks like a cool set up , so you use boost to turn on the meth injector pump on ?
Yeah, the injection controller is boost activated. I have always preferred this type because of the easy install. I'm also going to use the boost line for the ngauge boost plus. Regardless of what direction I go with the tune, I am going to keep the ngauge for monitoring.
Sponsored