Sponsored

Whipple guys, what oil weight do you run?

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
Not a Whipple but I'm running Royal Purple HPS 5W-20 with a Motorcraft filter.

v8ter

Typing...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MUSTANG GT 2015 50TH

v8ter

Typing...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MUSTANG GT 2015 50TH

daltron

Rowing All Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Yes , thats what Im using
Whipple recommended to you to use the MC synthetic blend? What intervals? That is... interesting...

I'd run a quality full synthetic on just an NA car, let alone an FI car.

Sponsored

Farrdaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO/PP
I am by no means an oil expert, but didnt the ford engineer guy that was in here recommend using "stock" but every 3k miles

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
I'd take the advice of a seasoned race shop and experienced vendors with racing experience over a claimed Internet Ford engineer.

4to8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 A6
I ran my vortech 11 for over 70k with stock oil and 5k intervals. Planning on doing the sane with the whipple 16.

lxh89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Mustang GT - Whipple Auto
Amsoil 5w20 Signature Series... Motorcraft FL500S filter and I use the oil life monitor to change oil.

Sponsored

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
Oil threads all over the web ...:( Myself racing many different cars and motorcycles I used Mobil One .. Over 30 years of using it I never lost a motor , that includes 1100 HP cars to 500 HP turbo bikes ..I do change it often , 3000 on a daily driver but on a car that sees a lot of drag strip use mixed with daily driver duty I change it around 1000 miles .. Seems like a waste right ? Well a good oil filter and good oil is the cheapest way to keep your motor alive and well.. On my Mustang I use Mobil One 5w20 and the ford filter that ford calls for .. For EPA emissions standards oil companies have reduce some things like zinc and other wear additives .. But they have all done that , so the oil is very close in makeup ...Diesel Oils still have all the goodies in it because it doesn't have to meet the EPA rules .. Shells diesel oil retains high levels of zinc and sulfur ..600 and 700 HP motor cycles guys use it because the zinc and sulfur is great for wet clutchs and transmissions on bikes ..

rs7337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem & 1968 Mustang coupe
i run factory oil and filter too. i haven't thought about the intervals yet. i guess I'll be looking at the oil around 3k

I really don't see how adding a supercharger can change the life of the oil, other than beating on the car all the time. if that the case beating on it NA would result in same oil wear.
most manuals say the interval but to shorten it if prolonged idling is used, like a police car.

v8ter

Typing...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MUSTANG GT 2015 50TH
Whipple recommended to you to use the MC synthetic blend? What intervals? That is... interesting...

I'd run a quality full synthetic on just an NA car, let alone an FI car.
Its a difference if your car sees alot of track time or if its a dd, but Whipple recommended the Mc same weight and intervals from 5000-7500 on a Dd

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
I use QUAKER STATE ULTIMATE DURABILITY SYNTHETIC 5-20 and for all that want to know why read the link below. This is the most extensive oil study and testing I've ever seen. Over 180 oils tested to the point of failure for shear protection and durability. The Most important factor in an engines oil is to protect metal parts from contact via the oil wedge effect. The oils ability to resist shear is the number one concern. This test gives every oil a shear rating at a PSI level with oil at realistic engine temps. The top brands and most expensive oil don't always produce the best protection as you will find out. It's a long read but well worth the effort if you love your motor. Oh yeah...and thin oils like 0-20 and 5-20 according to this study produce top rated shear resistance as well as faster flow through the engines parts which in effect creates better cooling and in the end better protection.

Edit: Make sure you read section 2 on oil viscosity (very important)

https://540ratblog.wordpress.com/201...-test-ranking/

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
I use QUAKER STATE ULTIMATE DURABILITY SYNTHETIC 5-20 and for all that want to know why read the link below. This is the most extensive oil study and testing I've ever seen. Over 180 oils tested to the point of failure for shear protection and durability. The Most important factor in an engines oil is to protect metal parts from contact via the oil wedge effect. The oils ability to resist shear is the number one concern. This test gives every oil a shear rating at a PSI level with oil at realistic engine temps. The top brands and most expensive oil don't always produce the best protection as you will find out. It's a long read but well worth the effort if you love your motor. Oh yeah...and thin oils like 0-20 and 5-20 according to this study produce top rated shear resistance as well as faster flow through the engines parts which in effect creates better cooling and in the end better protection.

Edit: Make sure you read section 2 on oil viscosity (very important)

https://540ratblog.wordpress.com/201...-test-ranking/
That link has some really good information in it. I think a lot of people should read the I-beam vs H-beam.
Sponsored