Sponsored

Whipple guys, get in here!

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
Mine definitely didnt, so maybe it’s an update.
All 11-17 kits come with a 160 from Whipple. The 18+ kits use the stock T-stat.

Hope that helps.

Jared
Sponsored

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Does the tune need to change to run a BAP?

I want to go done to a 3.625 pulley in my 18 stage 2 whipple . Going to run ms109 .Not sure I need a BAP but just wants to be safe

robw_39

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Does the tune need to change to run a BAP?

I want to go done to a 3.625 pulley in my 18 stage 2 whipple . Going to run ms109 .Not sure I need a BAP but just wants to be safe
I don't think you would need a BAP if you are sticking with race fuel you would need one for E85. I am pretty sure a BAP would require tuning changes since it would be supplying more fuel based on % of throttle increase at least that is how I understand it, I haven't installed a BAP yet that is happening sometime next week. I am doing JMS BAP, ID1050x injectors, 3.625 pulley and custom tuning.

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Thanks . I heard back from whipple and they said the same about not needing a BAP with race gas.

I also asked about the status of the stage 3/E85 tune they mentioned a few months back but not heard back .
Who is doIng the tuning ? Stock exhaust or catless ?
I am trying to stick with a whipple tune as long as I have the cats on especially if they come out with an E85 tune .
If I end up ditching the cats then of course I will have to get a custom tune .
I have always used Lund but I may give PBD a try this time .
Not sure if they both have the second gear launch tune but I was playing around with second gear launched yesterday and I can see how it helps since you can stall the converter to higher rpm .
I could try that myself but I think I am going to be slower shifting myself in S.

MaverickGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
You'll be fine without the cats on a Whipple tune. I had headers and h-pipe installed. Had the bungs for the back O2 sensors drilled / welded in. No codes thrown. Also called Whipple and confirmed that it would run. They recommended the anti-foulers which I purchased but haven't installed yet.

Edit: I did throw a code after 3 days. Installed the anti-foulers yesterday. Should be good to go.
Sponsored

Last edited: