Sponsored

Which controller should I choose?

carcinoid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (sold)
Hey guys. I'll be doing my audio install this coming weekend. I will be putting in a 12" powered Rockford Fosgate sub with an audiocontrol LC2i LOC. Each one of these came with a wired remote I can install to control the bass level. Which one do you think would be best? I figure the one that came with the subwoofer would be better.
Sponsored

stresstest

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2016 GT Premium
Not all bass knobs are created equal.

I used a JBL bass knob that I already hard installed into the center console with the JBL amp. When that amp died, I used it with the replacement amp, a NVX JAD900.5. While it plugged in fine, it was only functional through 1/2 of the turn. The 2nd half of the turn did nothing more to the NVX. Once I swapped the bass knob out with the one that came with the NVX, it worked perfectly. The impedance is different between the two and thus worked differently.

My suggestion is to use whatever is made for the amp/controller. I use a LC6i in my setup and decided to do the controlling from the amp, not the processor.

OP
OP

carcinoid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (sold)
My suggestion is to use whatever is made for the amp/controller. I use a LC6i in my setup and decided to do the controlling from the amp, not the processor.
Thanks bud. That's what I was thinking would be best. I'd rather control the bass output directly than just turning down the bass boost from the LOC. Just wanted to check and see if anyone else had experience with this.