pumxee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hamza
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang v6 DIB
Hey guys,

I've brought the amp 4guage blue power wire from the trunk to passenger side, through the grommet and into the engine bay by the passenger side strut tower.

Where do I attach the positive wire for the amp. I can't directly connect to battery because of the lack of a nut.

Here is a picture of the fuse box. Would it go in there? and if yes then where!
Sponsored

TaraFirma

Wait.....Wut?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 GT, 17 GT350, 19 GT, 65 coupe, 13 F-150, 14 Porsche Panamera eHybrid
Whichever one of those 3 posts goes to the battery. That should be your AMP power point.

sandpiper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
I went straight to the battery. There is the nut that tightens the connector. Just removed that nut, put on the wire and put the nut back on.

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
just do it straight from the battery. I bought 4AWG terminals (for arc welding) at harbor freight and it attaches to the positve terminal fine

Sponsored

OP
OP

pumxee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hamza
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang v6 DIB
I went straight to the battery. There is the nut that tightens the connector. Just removed that nut, put on the wire and put the nut back on.
Isnt that nut just holding the plastic part in place so the the cord doesnt move?

I connected it to the first wire which was going into the battery. The amp turned on for like a few minutes then turned off and hasnt turned back on since.

For ground I used the torx30 nut behind the seat latch... sanded it and all. Seems like an okay ground connection.

What could I have done incorrectly?

sandpiper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Isnt that nut just holding the plastic part in place so the the cord doesnt move?

I connected it to the first wire which was going into the battery. The amp turned on for like a few minutes then turned off and hasnt turned back on since.

For ground I used the torx30 nut behind the seat latch... sanded it and all. Seems like an okay ground connection.

What could I have done incorrectly?
I used the nut that tightens the connector onto the positive terminal. Works fine. Everything I read said to go straight to the battery.
I grounded it to a bracket in the spare tire well. Works fine.

Is there a reset button on the amp?.

OP
OP

pumxee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hamza
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang v6 DIB
I used the nut that tightens the connector onto the positive terminal. Works fine. Everything I read said to go straight to the battery.
I grounded it to a bracket in the spare tire well. Works fine.

Is there a reset button on the amp?.
Thanks guys. I connected it to the first one which was going into the power. I hadn't grounded it properly... that was the original problem.
Sponsored