Where to order stock pads? My dealer is backordered

OP
OP

TheKosherStogie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M2
Get the Ferodo DS2500 pads (GT350Brakesonline). It's pretty much the same compound as the stock pads (also made by Ferodo).
Oh yeah? Maybe I’ll just do that. Just hoping it’s not less aggressive but don’t want a full race pad tbat sounds like a freight train stopping
Sponsored

Crashspeeder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 - Tech
It was my understanding the stock pads were made by MotorCraft. Did they outsource them or is my information incorrect?

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
FYI, my front pads from Lethal arrived today. I talked to Matt there, and he was very helpful. I should have rears on the way as well (also from Lethal, but through a different one of their dealership contacts).

Anyhow, if you haven't yet found what you are looking for, you may want to try them out.

-T

Crashspeeder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 - Tech
Here's what I got from Matt at Lethal Performance yesterday:

I can only source the Rears right now, Fronts have been on back order for a few weeks. They would be sold per axle, so only need one of each.

Matt

Reactions: TDC

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
Next weekend have a two day track event. Need fronts badly.

Can I mix race pads in front with stock pads in rear? I would think not as the brake balance would be screwed up for anything not at threshold. If I do get race pads in front I'll also get new rotors.

Sponsored

OP
OP

TheKosherStogie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M2

Can I mix race pads in front with stock pads in rear? I would think not as the brake balance would be screwed up for anything not at threshold. If I do get race pads in front I'll also get new rotors.
You can. The front does the majority of the braking. I’ve done it. May not be optimal but works fine when I’ve done it on other cars

Some may advise against and say not to cheap out.

Sprintamx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350

Short answer: Yes. Longer answer: It depends on the "race" compound.

You want to balance the pad performance front to rear, which you can do in this case by sticking with a track / race compound that's mildly more aggressive than OE. Find something like a GLOC 12 compound for the front, and it should be well balanced. One of the vendors here can advise you.

And, you do not need new rotors.