t14mhall

t14mhall

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP
Actually nevermind, I think I see it. You see how that one tiny spot on the flange isn't rusty and how there's the tiniest bit of what looks like grease wicking on the other side?
DS..png
I do see that. I re-torqued the bolts and will drive it around and see if anything ends up slinging out again.
Sponsored

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Check that boot to make sure it isn't cut or coming loose. Wherever the grease is coming from, there should still be some residual, however minute. If it looks totally dry everywhere, could it be this happened when they changed out the trans?

OP
OP
t14mhall

t14mhall

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP
Check that boot to make sure it isn't cut or coming loose. Wherever the grease is coming from, there should still be some residual, however minute. If it looks totally dry everywhere, could it be this happened when they changed out the trans?
exactly- Boot is bone dry on the outside. I'm beginning to think Ford got a little too excited with grease while putting everything back together after replacing the trans.

drive_55_not

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Coyote, S197 3v, 2018 Gen3 [RIP], 2020 Challenger 'Cat
exactly- Boot is bone dry on the outside. I'm beginning to think Ford got a little too excited with grease while putting everything back together after replacing the trans.
You didn't happen to do a high speed run down by the Mexican border or run through the gears up on jack stands did you?

Like the others poted, when you're turning 6000+rpm in 6th gear the CV grease has a lot of of inertial weight and it'll find any spot it can to evacuate the CV joint ..

I've slung grease out of my DS boots a couple times doing high speed runs.

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
...sure you weren't parked near a Chevy?????

Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
when you're turning 6000+rpm in 6th gear the CV grease has a lot of of inertial weight and it'll find any spot it can to evacuate the CV joint.
If it's an auto, the drivetrain should take it. In a manual, that'd be about 210 MPH, so not likely, even in Mexico :devil: .

dannyboy3461

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I just found this same issue after replacing my old driveshaft with a used one (with a good carrier bearing). Did you ever find out what the issue was and did you regrease it or replace the driveshaft? I don’t think these can be greased from what I saw.

NFG19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT PP1
Wow last update was October 2020! 😳 Did our friends drive shaft come out? Leading to his early demise! Guess we will never know. lol

dannyboy3461

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I have the same issue after replacing my bad stick one due to the center bearing being bad. Was looking at exhaust and found the grease ring. Not sure if I can add grease, tighten it or loosen it, or get a new shaft.

Sponsored